Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 07:25 AM   #1
Porschephile

FS: Dension Gateway 500 iPod adaptor

I've got a lightly used Dension Gateway 500 that would do better in someone's car than in my tool box. Had it installed in my 2003 Boxster. Sold the car and took it out. Works great. It's in perfect condition. Controls the iPod through the head unit. Does not need the nav head unit to work. Works with the CDR23 and PCM that came in 2003 and newer 986's and 996's and the CDR24 and PCMII in later 987's and 997's. This is a later unit with the additional fiber optic port that allows you to retain the factory CD Changer. It had the latest software update a little over a year ago. Not sure if there is a newer update but it's real easy to do. You just need a USB zip drive. Not hard to install but not super easy either. I'm no master technician and I figured it out. I believe it's even easier if the car already has a CD changer. If the car doesn't have a CD changer you will need a dealership to "program" the radio to look for the CD changer. This unit also works on a host of other European cars and trucks. (BMW's, Mercedes, Saab, Volvo and Audi). There is an available optional Bluetooth unit (called the BTA1000) that can be purchased to add hands free cell phone operation to it's list of features. I can e-mail you a bunch of links and documents I've gathered that helped me with this install. Retail is around $550. $10 shipping anywhere in the US. I'll sell it for $325. Thanks, -Tom

Old 03-26-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
Porschephile

BUMP...

Sorry guys. Wife had a baby so this took a back seat. You now have my full attention. Got a few "low ball" offers so I decided to auction this on ebay. No reserve so here's your chance to pay less. Here's the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290418545599&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

-Tom