986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Part Out 2000 S - Arctic Silver / Black (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23440)

heyjae 01-24-2010 02:40 PM

SOLD Part Out 2000 S - Arctic Silver / Black

Parting out my track car which had about 88,000 miles. It suffered a catastrophic AOS failure which caused much engine damage. It was a dedicated track car so much of the interior was gutted and the top is gone, however there are a lot of other good parts--just ask and I'll let you know. I'll also list aftermarket components as well. Let me know if you want the entire car. I prefer local (Southern California) sales for larger items and none of the prices below include shipping. I'm happy to meet people halfway to deliver larger items/sales.

Partial list of major items (there's a lot, so please forgive errors in pricing and description):

6 speed manual transmission - was replaced with a reman unit under warranty by Porsche at 45k miles and has been working great since. $1,000

BBS LM 18 x 7 and 18 x 8.5 w/ Nitto NT01 (235/40 and 275/40 I think-need to double check) - tires have only 1 track day and 4 heat cycles (barely since the motor blew on my 4th run). Used on the track, so has scratches and nicks, but is straight and true. $1,500

JIC Magic coilovers - about 2 years old with about a year of use and less than 5,000 miles. Springs are stiff at about 500 lbs and 600 lbs. I'll update with exact specs. $850

GT3 front sway bar - bought used from another track junkie. $120

H&R rear sway bar - bought used as well. $100

Mantis rear understrut brace - bought used as well. $75

NHP Headers w/ 200 cell cats - The O2 sensor bung is cracked and a simple weld should fix it (explains the mysterious MIL codes I was getting). $300

Fabspeed Rear Cat bypass pipes - I still don't understand why these things are so expensive but they are. I bought them new for $450+. $300

Cheap Chinese muffler - the plates between the exhaust pipes are broken, but otherwise ok. $80

Crappy carbon fiber hardtop - seriously bad carbon fiber. I drilled holes to bolt it to the cage. Ugly. Did I mention bad? But light. $150

Crappy carbon fiber hood - an eBay cheapie, but light. Holes drilled for hood pins, doesn't fit very well, but light. $80

Crappy-ish carbon fiber front bumper - a few cracks and I attached some canards on it. Fit is tight and required lots of modification. Not much lighter than the stock but is molded to GT3 look. $200

Ok carbon fiber mirror covers - fit is tight (see a pattern of bad CF?), but looks pretty good. $120

Good carbon fiber side intakes - looks good, fits pretty good. $100

Bolt in 6 point cage - bought it used, fits under OEM soft top. I'm not 100% it fits under the OEM hard top (might require some plastic trim modifications). $250

3 spoke steering wheel w/ silver crest, airbag. the crest does have some scratches (it is 10 years old afterall), but in pretty decent condition. $700

APR carbon fiber rear wing attached to my arctic silver rear trunk lid. $200

Underdrive pulley. $140

EVO Cold air intake. $200

Various wheel spacers. 5mm, 8mm and 10 mm and longer bolts as needed. Ask for price if interested.

I'll add more items and details/changes as I remember it.

tightbox 01-24-2010 08:20 PM

PM Sent.

Tks

turbobox 01-24-2010 08:39 PM

dibs on wheels!!

PM'ed you. Dibs on the wheels :) Thanks.

turbobox 01-25-2010 05:12 PM

shoot me a price for the whole car

shoot me a price for the whole car, I know someone who maybe interested.

FUHRIUS 01-25-2010 08:30 PM

interested...

sorry to hear about the motor...
I sent you a pm with details on stuff I'm interested in....

email me at johnleck@comcast.net please

thanks,
John

heyjae 01-26-2010 06:04 AM

Didn't realize I had any PMs until just now. Replying now.

Brad Roberts 01-26-2010 09:34 AM

Hi,

I'd like everything left over :) Buy the whole car? or just engine/trannychassis?

I'm headed to Daytona (running a Boxster in ST and a Ferrari F430 in GT) tonight, but can get money to you today if need be.

What I don't want:

Cross shtuff(.. I'm being nice here)

Evo stuff .. (not being nice)

Seriously interested. I'll even part the car for you for free.

B

turbobox 01-27-2010 09:49 AM

The car has already been sold to me.

heyjae 01-27-2010 05:41 PM

All--
The car as a whole is basically sold at this point. If for whatever reason, the sale doesn't happen, I will contact all interested parties again. Thanks so much for all your interest.

Dave928 01-29-2010 12:56 AM

you could update the thread title or your first post so people don't read thru that whole list only to find it all sold...

heyjae 01-29-2010 05:13 AM

I changed the title, but it doesn't seem to update on the classified page.