Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2004, 10:33 AM   #1

Wanted Evo Intake

Please email me if you are selling the full Evo intake for a boxster also include your asking price
Thanks,
Automon:dance:

Automon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 07:52 AM   #2

http://www.eagleday.com/pobmcpefi.html

Save some money, warranty and replace your stock paper with the BMC F1. Plus it's MUCH easier to install. I have had mine for 2mo now and no problems what-so-ever. No MAF problems like the others. I recammend this product.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 03:33 PM   #3

Can you really feel a difference? Has anyone dynoed for differences?

Loved the car, but it was time to get something practical.
2005 Acura TL Nav
Nighthawk Black Pearl on Black
aesir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 09:37 PM   #4

No I haven't dynoed for any differences but there is a slight increase of intake sound. I really can't feel any power differences, but that doesn't mean there isn't any. It would take a very sensitive butt to detect the small hp gains we are talking about here. I mean, i'm sure the BMC has better flow qualities and is less restrictive so there should be a slight gain. The power gain is proabbly only at the top end from 5,000-7,200rpm when the engine is really taking in alot of air. I definately feel that the filter did not hurt performance and is worth the 70 bucks. That's the cheapest I found it for. Some places were around 100 dollars. A cone filter may give a couple more hp but you have to consider that 1. You may lose your warranty. 2. It is a ******************** to install because of the tight confines of the engine bay. 3. A new evo costs 400 dollars, not $70. 4. The airbox keeps the filter from getting filthy and contaminated. We all know a clean air-filter flows best. 5. The stock intake system on the boxster sucks in only cold, outside air. The evo cone or any cone for that matter sucks in some of the hot air surrounding the engine in the engine bay. It can't just take in cold outside air only due to it's design and placement.

Last edited by Adam; 07-12-2004 at 09:47 PM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote