Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster & Cayman Detailing Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2019, 06:03 PM   #1
Vza

Paint Gun

Thinking of getting an Anest Iwata AZ3 HTE2 paint gun for some spraying....any thoughts? Thanks V

Vza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 03:50 AM   #2

There's not too many people on this forum who paint. I don't know anything about that brand. I have a SATA and love it but have painted many vehicles with cheap spray guns before. Are you experienced with painting or just starting out? Practice practice practice is more important than any gun. Even with lots of practice, spraying paint correctly almost seems like a natural talent you're born with. Either you have it or you don't. Of course 90% of painting is prep work. I dislike the 90%, but that 10% is like heaven.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:35 AM   #3

Woody is right about the prep work. I use a cheap gun, and every time I've had bad results it's been due to me not properly prepping a surface.
Your best place to spend money here is going to be on a good quality, wide variety of sandpaper as well as good products such as primer (I only use SEM) and a good variety of filler products (Bondo)
With the gun itself, the biggest factor is going to be having the settings right.

'03 S - Orient Red (sold)
Fiddlebog is offline   Reply With Quote