View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 02:01 PM   #122
Qingdao

Nitrous, its the word of the day. LOL

Its being all kinds of obnoxious installing this thing.

One I am quickly running out of head room. A while back I decided to re invent my square bore adaptor for the M90. It meant bolting another adaptor to my already bolted on adaptor for the M90. Great solution if the nitrous fogger wasn't a square bore only design. SO now I'm stuck with HAVING to run a square bore adaptor and a nitrous plate. Oh well, if I need more head space I can always "squanch" my cold air intake a little bit.

Second challenge for nitrous is getting a suitable bracket made up for the solenoids. My coolant reservoir has been, over the past few months, moved to just right of the carburetor. The front and left side of the carb are dedicated for throttle and vacuum lines. The rear of the carb is the ignition (I'd rather not have fuel lines running right on top of a distributer). Which leaves me with almost no room for the solenoids. I might just have to get a little crafty and tuck the solenoids under the coolant res.

And now the obligatory pic for attention.

and for those who notice, yes the engine is out of the car. I mucked up too much on the last block and bought another $100 block off ebay. its getting done up at the machine shop right now. Honestly I'm not too mad about the whole thing. Blocks cost $100 and machining costs about $350 for just about everything you could want done to it. Hence I'm gonna run nitrous and keep blowing them up.

WTB: any cheap 986 shifter new or used
Qingdao is offline   Reply With Quote