View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 01:10 AM   #1
Porsche9

Porsche Museum and RUF visit

Hi everyone,

We just had the opportunity to visit the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart. We can highly recommend it if you ever have the opportunity. While you are there we can also highly recommend that you take the opportunity to drive a new Porsche. They have the Porsche Drive program where you can rent most new Porsche’s anywhere between just an hour or a week. We rented a Carrera GTS for two days (1,000 km included) and what a blast it was. I can personally vouch she’s good for over 300 kph. . While it isn’t cheap it was a better value then anything similar that I’ve seen in the US plus you can legally drive the car at speed legally. We will be back and next time we intend to rent a Boxster or Caymen for a week and forgo the regular rental car.

While cruising around the countryside we decided to go by RUF. They had the new SCR in the showroom, the Irish Green car that just premiered in Geneva and a Carrera GT. To my surprise Alois Ruf and his son greeted us. We had no expectations so this was a nice surprise. They were kind enough to allow me to sit in the prototype SCR. . His son then ask us if we like a tour. We couldn’t refuse. He said come back after lunch, which we did and he proceeded to give us an hour and 45 minute tour of the main shop area, which included three in progress restoration of 1980s RUF cars, the second prototype SCR in construction and a new RTR ready for delivery, engine build/rebuild area, 2 dyno rooms, paint and body area, chassis restoration and a classic car restoration areas, which included a 901. WOW! They treated us like their best customer when all we can afford is a tee shirt. What a treat and we were lucky and very greatful for the opportunity. It’s nice to see a family business do so well and they still are humble and smart enough to know that making contacts is important.
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote