View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 08:33 AM   #4
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinBarth View Post
So, I've been fighting to get all my readiness codes for smog in Ca. Driven 600 mi each on 2 resets. All 7/8 go ready except SAI. Many of you have told me it's got to be driven. I would think after 600 mi that I would have completed the drive cycle many times. Today, I visit a Indy Porsche guy and he told me he would connect to their Scanner and tell me what didn't go ready. I obliged because I thought maybe he could confirm whether my cheapy HF was accurate or not. After he connects his Hi tech scanner tells me that 5 are not ready. I asked him if he had done a reset as I had confirmed on my scanner before going to him that only 1 SAI was not ready. He said no. Could this actually happen just by connecting his scanner to acquire my data? Do you think I got scammed by these guys? After he scans my engine only 3/8 were ready. I've got to go through the entire process again. Frustrated. Am I over thinking these guys? Please advise.

My cats and O2 sensors were not ready after they put their reader on as well as SAI
Just be aware that clearing codes does not solve the problems, if a fault triggered the code(s), and has not been repaired, the codes will come back. You need to get the car scanned with a Porsche specific scan tool (PSTII, PIWIS, Durametric) and record the codes as they will give you a starting point for fixing what is wrong.