View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 04:46 AM   #320
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridsten View Post
People seem to like them here in Sweden too. Some believed I had converted to center bolts. ��
After my explanation, though, one comment was that original looks better and this is like putting M3 badges on a 320...
Can't please everyone...
The comments I am ALWAYS getting is “where the hell did you get those” or “man those are f n nice”. Occasionally comes from non-porsche owners and friendsa also. The recent comments we had for the latest caps here at the club is “HOLLY *&^&&^, whatever those cost I want them also” lollllll

Reminds me; when we were out on our monthly Porsche Drive, this guy (Spanish guy) comes up to me and asked if my car was a CGT?! He was so (soooooo) upset by the fact that my headlights and wheels were retrofitted. Standing there, red face, arms straight on the side of his body, literally getting ready to kick my ass. It was one of the most ‘porsche’ awkward moment I’ve ever experienced. As is scary as hell. The same guy who owns a Guards Red 996 with carbon fiber stickers/trims, road-rashed oem wheels, rusty lug bolts, Alibaba.com $5 knockoffs center caps, and old style yellow’ish headlights. When my mate later found out he had GT3 labeled floor carpets in his interior and told everyone, the guy magically disappeared we just never saw him again. Weird(est) dude ever!

You got to be careful who you play with in this Porsche/business man, weird dudes like this do exist (real)! You just can’t be into this “please everyone” thing, that will never work (see below; speaking with experience). Just have fun for 'yourself' my friend