View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 04:14 AM   #11
prOk

I've had my 987 for about 6 months now.. it's not had a service related issue at all since I had it.. Now granted, i'm not going berzerk over things like a switch having a smudge over it I really only have 2 complaints. Some items are not engineered well (Certain hold downs like the one holding the emergency kit are flimsy and broke when I tried to open), The windscreens don't hold in well as I had one blow away..

The 2nd was a matter of dealer integrity.. up until they pulled this one on me, I thought of them as an honest dealer. From the day I got the car,I had a wierd vibration at 70mph. No matter what I did I couldn't make it go away.. The dealer rebalanced my tires thinking that was it for free so they get points for that.. BUT, eventually the 'manager' of service test drove the car on my behalf and came back to inform me that it was normal to have the vibration.. the car was giving me 'feedback' he said.. so naively I bought that answer. Recently, I bought a new set of wheels (cayman S style) and put them on the car, lo and behold the vibration is gone. My dealer gave me a stupid story to shut me up, and i've been sour about it ever since. It really dissapoints me because up to that point I felt they were great... but like the saying goes, one 'oh crap' erases ten 'atta boys'.

That being said, I still love the car like no car i've ever owned.. it's been since I was a teenager that I cared enough about my car to wash it 2 times a week Also disheartens me to hear all the complaining about OLD cars having issues and people acting like they are lemons. You'd think you buy a porsche, put the key in and it explodes the way people talk. If you choose to buy an out of warranty car that sits in the 'exotic' space, you have to expect issues (expensive ones at that). If warranty is important to you, then buy one and be comfortable.. if you choose not to then don't complain when things happen.

/b
prOk is offline   Reply With Quote