View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 05:14 PM   #4
jakeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnaker View Post
I had the same problem last year. So I went to the local Auto Zone to see what they had in touch up paint. There were so many different types of silver paint, I was dumb founded.
All I can tell you is the one I got is NOT the correct one. So you can scratch this one off of your list. At a distance it is not too noticeable, but up close you can see it doesn't match. Looks better than the peeling plastic but not up to P car standards. If you find out what matches, let us know.
On Rennlist they recommend Wurth Silver Wheel Paint, but at $22 for a spray can plus $8 shipping, I think I'd just get some EvilBay knockoff wheel caps.

Dupli Color
BGM508 Ultra Silver Met (95 WA8867, 96 WA8867)
Replaces T191
Ha - that's great!

I went on a similar spree at O-reiley auto parts (also carrying the duplicolor product line) to identify a silver that matched the interior silver color Porsche uses (which might not be quite the same as the wheel silver paint). Here is the one I found which was closest...

(Shown with the factory silver knob knob insert above for sheen comparison).

Even with that, the color match is a bit different yet after clear-coating it, which you should if you want it to last.

These touch-up rattle can sprays are fast-drying lacquer, which is not very solvent resistant or durable, by the way.

The most durable paint is a 2-part clearcoat. If you're going rattle can, this would be a very good choice for topping whatever you use for the metallic base coat:
Spraymax: 2K Clear Glamour
Attached Images