View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 11:57 AM   #51
BIGJake111

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by holtzy822 View Post
I'm pretty sure I've made it apparent that I don't solely own the airplane. I have partners like any sane person would to build hours. Between the 3 of us, yes, the airplane does fly 100 hours a month.

$50 a month is to cover insurance and other yearly maintenance items like annuals. I personally think you don't get your moneys worth when you join a flying club. If I want to fly my airplane I don't want to have to schedule it a month in advance so the other 10 people in the club aren't flying it. I have a very good relationship with my partners. If I want to fly, I send a text out and get in the airplane.

An hour and $20 in fuel later I've just flown an hour solo for a total of $32.

You must really not know much about owning an airplane because a 50 year old cessna costs the same to maintain as a 20 or 10 year old cessna. I honestly don't know why I try to explain this to you, you just seem to be in denial. And by the way, our insurance is 900 a year. Which is 25 per person per month. The other 25 is, like stated before, for annuals and other items like transponder testing.

And I ended up selling the 944 and buying an Audi TT quattro.

The TT is nice! Should keep its value well so when you need the money out of it on the back end for a boxster, you'll be pretty safe. Keep your eyes peeled over the winter, prices drop on boxsters, the gap between the 2000 models and the 2.5s is growing so getting a 2.5 for under 7 is reasonably easy, and on rare occasions I've seen the close to 5. I bet you could make a profit on the audi as well. (it looked clean!)

Gotta say though, TTs are way too small for me, the window line is at my chest
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote