View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 05:46 PM   #8
993innc

I've not done Barber before, but if you are a new DE'er and with no other previous track time, you should hit RRR a few more times and let it be your learning platform. It's a very basic track with no real surprises and a great place to learn how to drive fast (its very forgiving).
Your next progression once you get bored with RRR would be CMP. Its a much MUCH faster track. There's one good elevation change that makes you really concentrate to get right. There's a high speed "kink" that will make you pucker if you hit it fast and correctly.......make you ******************** if you get it wrong! It's just a bit more technical and a great second track to hone skills on.
Road Atlanta, when done right is not for the timid, weak or slow. You better have skills or you will get run over if you've progressed to higher run groups (white and on). It's fast, super technical and requires every talent you have to go fast and have fun. Once you get to that level, VIR is a bigger version of RA and a lot of fun with a high HP car. Daytona is nothing special as far as a track goes, but the cool factor of being on DAYTONA is something not to be passed up.

GL, have fun and ALWAYS listen to what your instructor tells you, it could be me instructing you someday
993innc is offline   Reply With Quote