View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 09:34 AM   #3
steved0x

It is the only track I have been on to date and is about 3 hours away. Other nearby tracks that I hope to go to someday:
  • Road Atlanta (I am going there in June with MVP Track Time)
  • Sebring (both this track and Road Atlanta are on Forza 3 & 4, I have got the layout of Road Atlanta memorized but Sebring seems to have so many turns I don't have that one down yet. Track days there seem to be a little more expensive though)
  • Daytona (the few DE events I have seen are for advanced solo or very $$$ so I doubt that one will happen anytime soon. Maybe some parade laps...)
  • Carolina Motorsports Park (There is a DE coming there soon, I actually used to drive past this between Charlotte NC and Moncks Corner SC where my boys were living at the time)
  • "The Firm" - unsure of the exact name, they also have a Rally course and have open track days for around $200-$225 a day I think
  • Gainesville Speedway - they have a road course and I think Brumos Porsche does a class there once a month for their customers, I am unsure if I could take my car and participate but it seems like a good learning opportunity. I am going to an SCCA Autocross there Feb 9th with my son and his Miata.

Any other (well not that hardly any of the above are) tracks within a 3 hour radius of North Central FL?

My instructor Don was great this last time at Roebling and I was very sorry that I could only stay for one of the two days. I learned a lot.

Thank you for the feedback, I give all the credit to Don This lap was one of the more smooth ones, maybe because I was taking it easy because I didn't want to crowd the car in front. At my first event one the most nerve wracking things was having people pile up in my mirror. And yes I did get passed by a yellow Miata but at least I didn't get passed by every car this time
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote