View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #17
coolbreeze551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
swapping the AOS is a real b1tch? how long did it take you?
I was having upgraded headers put on and mechanic called to say I should change the AOS. I'm assuming this is a two hour job for no good reason...
The AOS should have only taken a couple hours but it seemed like every time we (brother and I) moved to the next step we hit a snag. A tube wouldn't come loose or we couldn't get a clamp off or we couldn't get a bolt to go in right. The list goes on and on. Not to mention the lighting wasn't very good nor was engine access (GAHH Top). Got it finished eventually tho and it seems to be fine now. One of the bolts isn't in quite right though still.

On another note it seems that after replacing my water pump the coolant leak has stopped. The re-manufactured part was around $300 (with a $36 core charge) and took me about 4 hours to put it in without help. I replaced my serpentine belt at the same time because mine was cracked and it was a good opportunity. The hardest part was probably the coolant tubing by the water pump and attached to the water pump was a real hassle to remove but with a screwdriver to pry it off seemed to make it easier.

The worst part would have to be all the cat parts I found even after I removed a whole bunch. There was still an arm and some bones, pretty gross stuff. I replaced the coolant that I drained with Prestone coolant after going to the dealer and seeing that it was $180 for 3 gallons and Prestone is $60 for 3 and is basically just a different color. If I had to do it again I could probably do it in 1.5-2 hours now knowing all the tools I need and the correct sequence of steps.

Mystery Coolant Leak Case Solved :dance:
coolbreeze551 is offline   Reply With Quote