Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2015, 06:48 AM   #41
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giller View Post
"According to 2009 data collected by the UN Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), the U.S. sees 3.3 homicides by firearm for every 100,000 citizens. By comparison, Canada's rate is 0.5 homicides and the U.K. is 0.1. Most European countries sit somewhere in the same range."

Again, I reiterate....I don't believe this is the place for a debate on gun control. Far too emotional for a rational INTERNET debate....

No one is going to change anyone else's opinion on this. Just like I will NEVER EVER move ANYWHERE where they don't have bagged milk.
Ok. Explain the distribution methods again??

Doesn't it all just pour out after you set the opened bag in the fridge???? That would SUCK every time!!!

Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:28 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post

Doesn't it all just pour out after you set the opened bag in the fridge???? That would SUCK every time!!!
No, You just have to keep the straw pointing up

I had never noticed attitude towards people that drive Porsches before having one and seeing it first hand.

Then again, I have a certain amount of attitude towards the clapped out Aerostar, smoking Hyundai, and bean can exhaust civic-with hat on sideways drivers, and all the like, that always seem to be weaving and driving like it's an after thought.
I feel sorry for, and somewhat afraid of the grannies looking through the steering wheel and old men in hats driving land yachts, using two lanes and staring out their side window.
The only thing I miss while driving the box is not having the power to weight ratio that my bike has. It's nice to be able to simply be gone at the twist of the wrist. That and the boxster don't wheelie.
I may have gotten the finger a few times on my morning commute this week using the bike but I certainly would understand that
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 06:50 PM   #43

Yum!

Old 09-18-2015, 11:04 PM   #44
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Weirdo

Old 09-19-2015, 05:12 AM   #45
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Yum!

How do you reseal that?? What if something crawls into it between pours or it touches the air for too long? Heck, even the closed flap cartons give you bug and fly protection.

We are raw milk in glass bottles only. Now, that's fresh and yum. Milked same day typically.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 01:24 PM   #46

You have bugs in your fridge? Have you considered maybe cleaning it occasionally?
Old 09-19-2015, 01:30 PM   #47

Quote:
It's amazing us Canadians, and those Brits, and those Australians and New Zealanders haven't all killed each other, what with no guns to protect themselves.
Speak for yourself. This Canadian is armed and skilled. (You can do some real damage with a frozen bag of milk)
Old 05-22-2016, 09:37 AM   #48

Had a hillbilly flip me off in a pickup truck cause I passed him. Now I used a blinker and did everything legally. Maybe jealousy. We got to a red light (big 4 lane divided highway) and he barks about me in my "big expensive car". In truth my old 986 I don't think compares in cost to his brand new 2016 f250 king cab with chrome 20s, rails and enough dealer options to probably rock into the 6 figures. And my 97 boxster he thought was more expensive. Awesome day.

Last edited by BrakeExpert; 05-22-2016 at 09:42 AM.
BrakeExpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 04:20 PM   #49

Garage
Here in Southern California, I've never had anyone flip me off. That might be because I never look at them when passing. Here's an idea: try waving (with your whole hand, not one finger) and smiling, as though they were greeting you warmly. Not that it will change their attitude, but by the time they figure out what to do next, you will be long gone.

The driver who really annoyed me the other day was the SUV driver in the next lane who was wandering to the left until he hit the raised lane marker, then corrected, and drifted to the right until he hit that lane marker. Heavily tinted windows, so I can't prove he was texting while driving, but I stayed well behind him until he got off at the next interchange.
astrayelmgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:28 AM   #50

People get too worked up about things on the road. I try not to engage at all with that stuff.
Morelaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 06:32 AM   #51

Its a simple case of PE

This is very easy to explain being a psychologist for the past 28 years. First, look at their emblem, they stole the copyrighted emblem of Austin Powers. If you review the literature Freud, he wrote about this extensively and coined it as PE. The only treatment I’m aware of for PE is to get a Porsche. It’s so easy to treat, I wish all were so simple.

fanguy is offline   Reply With Quote