986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Video Center (http://986forum.com/forums/video-center/)
-   -   a smart way to run ur BMW (http://986forum.com/forums/video-center/8487-smart-way-run-ur-bmw.html)

djomlas 12-06-2006 06:48 PM

a smart way to run ur BMW

?
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v624/MPOWER/Videos/?action=view&current=BurnoutinEurope.flv

boggtown 12-06-2006 07:17 PM

Ya, its been posted on the Z3 board for a couple years now. Definately dumb, but I gotta hand it to him for the balls it took.

Adam 12-06-2006 10:26 PM

Oh God help him...what a moron.

AtlantaBoxster 12-07-2006 12:34 PM

That is one of the most idiotic, unimpressive displays of stupidity I have seen this week.

If you are going to stupidly treat your car that way, at least find an empty parking lot.

krn986 12-07-2006 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggtown
Ya, its been posted on the Z3 board for a couple years now. Definately dumb, but I gotta hand it to him for the balls it took.

there is a Z3 board here?

djomlas 12-07-2006 01:59 PM

he was reffering to a z3 forum in general, not one part of this board.

we gots no love for z3 :) j/k j/k
or any bmw drivers after this video..hehehhe J/K J/K

Dr. Kill 12-07-2006 04:54 PM

He almost hit that bus 3 times. What a jerk.

djomlas 12-07-2006 07:30 PM

u can see by his tiallights the level of intelligence

boxsterx 12-08-2006 05:44 AM

jerks like him cause accidents all the time. he was lucky no one got hurt. :matchup:

Bavarian Motorist 01-05-2007 09:19 AM

That was so stupid it was funny LOL

Hake 01-05-2007 12:12 PM

Why would the bus even get that close?

Dr. Kill 01-05-2007 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hake
Why would the bus even get that close?

Yeah, I blame the bus too.

Say, do you drive you Box all year round? I use mine in the winter down here in Jeresey and in parts of NY with absolutely no problems, but I am doing a lot of work lately in Buffalo. Was thinking of driving up there in two weeks. Several of my colleagues are telling me I am nuts to try it because of all of the snow, but I am thinking that they are just not enlightened to the concept of snow tires. I know you guys get a lot more snow than we do, but it does get plowed as it falls right? I won’t be encountering 3” of snow on the roads all around the office on major roads I am assuming? The way my coworkers are talking, I would think everyone drives around in 4X4s from November through April. What is your take on this?

racer_d 01-05-2007 01:56 PM

Clearly from a 2nd or 3rd world country. None of the other traffic slowed or even really stopped for this Ahole... oh well.

Hake 01-08-2007 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Kill
Yeah, I blame the bus too.

Say, do you drive you Box all year round? I use mine in the winter down here in Jeresey and in parts of NY with absolutely no problems, but I am doing a lot of work lately in Buffalo. Was thinking of driving up there in two weeks. Several of my colleagues are telling me I am nuts to try it because of all of the snow, but I am thinking that they are just not enlightened to the concept of snow tires. I know you guys get a lot more snow than we do, but it does get plowed as it falls right? I won’t be encountering 3” of snow on the roads all around the office on major roads I am assuming? The way my coworkers are talking, I would think everyone drives around in 4X4s from November through April. What is your take on this?

I dont drive my box year round, i have an explorer for the winter. I mostly want to avoid the salt. Many on this forum say driving the box w/snow tires isnt that bad. We havent had any measureable amounts of snow since the October storm here and it looks like it will remain in the 40's for the next week at least. You would likely be ok for a short period of time. Snow removal is really good. That said, if 3" of snow on the ground is a problem for you, you may want to reconsider. Around here, its a non-issue snow fall until it gets over 10-12 inches in a day. If your here long enough, there will be a time you will have to drive through a few inches. I think the box would be ok. There are a few chicago/Minnisota residents here who could chime in and confirm that.

Pilot2519j 01-08-2007 09:34 AM

I believe the driver of the M-3 is a fine candidate for a space mission to Alpha Centuri. He iwll not be miss! Regarding the snow issue with the Boxster my take on that is that the Boxster is a pretty good snow car, with the snow tire package. There is nothing short of a tank when it gets over 12". In NY the streets are plowed pretty quick and you can drive the Box no problem. The ancillary venue might be a problem in either case really boils down to common sense, which as demonstrated by our beloved space volunteer, is the least common of all senses.

Dr. Kill 01-08-2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hake
I dont drive my box year round, i have an explorer for the winter. I mostly want to avoid the salt. Many on this forum say driving the box w/snow tires isnt that bad. We havent had any measureable amounts of snow since the October storm here and it looks like it will remain in the 40's for the next week at least. You would likely be ok for a short period of time. Snow removal is really good. That said, if 3" of snow on the ground is a problem for you, you may want to reconsider. Around here, its a non-issue snow fall until it gets over 10-12 inches in a day. If your here long enough, there will be a time you will have to drive through a few inches. I think the box would be ok. There are a few chicago/Minnisota residents here who could chime in and confirm that.

thanks for your input. I am going to roll the dice and drive up there. I drove through the worst of last year's snow down here with no problems.