Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Video Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2018, 09:31 AM   #1

My videos about the 986/996

Hi all,

I made some videos about the 986/996. I am a car enthusiast who loves pretty much all cars. I try to be as unbiased as possible when evaluating them.

I come from the perspective where I like to tinker with cars, especially ones that need a lot of work. However, I also believe in "bite the bullet and do it right the first time." That's the perspective I come with the 986/996.

Some might agree with my opinions, others will disagree. Just wanted to bring a slightly different perspective about them.

These videos are not professional by any stretch of the imagination. lol I wanted to focus on the content over production value.

Check them out here and let me know what you think:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtZ2tIolw0TyPZVAUB_HRag

Prelude Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:30 PM   #2
Custom User Title Here

Garage
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
....+1 that ^
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:10 PM   #4

You need to do a lot more research (other than YouTube videos of people who own or bought a Porsche with problems). There are literally hundreds of thousands of happy Porsche owners out there, the initial problems with the engines was addressed by Porsche who instigated a replacement program for the troublesome engines. And the engine you’re using in the video is a later engine with the balance plenum on the intake, so that engine didn’t have the problems the first generation engine had. The IMSB problem is probably one of the most over exaggerated problems I’ve seen, the biggest reason that the IMSB fails is because the cars aren’t driven properly, if you bought a Boxster and used it for the odd run to shops or to cruise the boulevard at 20mph on Saturday nights, then you effectively killed your Porsche, the other thing is good old fashioned servicing, if you didn’t service the car then you contributed to the failure of your Porsche. These cars are race bred machines that were meant to be ‘driven’, and putting a Porsche in your garage and pulling out for a Sunday drive will kill it faster than taking it to a track and racing it every day! If you want to drive a convertible to impress your friends buy something other than a Porsche, if you want to own a car that handles like a sled on rails, and feels like it was built to a standard rather than a price, then buy a Porsche, but be prepared to do the right thing by the car. You wouldn’t buy a thoroughbred race horse and put it in a paddock and take it for a trail ride once a month, so don’t buy a Porsche and whinge about it if you’re not prepared to service the car or use the car like it was meant to be used.

Last edited by Liamray; 08-11-2019 at 06:14 PM.
Liamray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:34 PM   #5
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamray View Post
You need to do a lot more research (other than YouTube videos of people who own or bought a Porsche with problems). There are literally hundreds of thousands of happy Porsche owners out there, the initial problems with the engines was addressed by Porsche who instigated a replacement program for the troublesome engines. And the engine you’re using in the video is a later engine with the balance plenum on the intake, so that engine didn’t have the problems the first generation engine had. The IMSB problem is probably one of the most over exaggerated problems I’ve seen, the biggest reason that the IMSB fails is because the cars aren’t driven properly, if you bought a Boxster and used it for the odd run to shops or to cruise the boulevard at 20mph on Saturday nights, then you effectively killed your Porsche, the other thing is good old fashioned servicing, if you didn’t service the car then you contributed to the failure of your Porsche. These cars are race bred machines that were meant to be ‘driven’, and putting a Porsche in your garage and pulling out for a Sunday drive will kill it faster than taking it to a track and racing it every day! If you want to drive a convertible to impress your friends buy something other than a Porsche, if you want to own a car that handles like a sled on rails, and feels like it was built to a standard rather than a price, then buy a Porsche, but be prepared to do the right thing by the car. You wouldn’t buy a thoroughbred race horse and put it in a paddock and take it for a trail ride once a month, so don’t buy a Porsche and whinge about it if you’re not prepared to service the car or use the car like it was meant to be used.
Is this the resurrection? Or are you just looking for all the oldest threads you can find?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

maytag is offline   Reply With Quote