Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Video Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2016, 05:05 AM   #1

My 2000 Boxster S blew a gasket or something...

Last weekend we (10 Porsches) were driving through the German Eifel (near the Nürburgring) and we were planning to have a nice trip on those nice curvy German roads. We started in Prüm and drove through the hills, passed some nice villages and had lots of fun until:

http://vid1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee472/Black-Betty/Black%20Jack/VID-20160604-WA0001.mp4

(the Boxster that drives in front of the 997 that is filming this, is mine )

There was no warning whatsoever that this was going to happen; it just did! I lost all drive and all the lights in my dashboard came on; my dashboard looked like a X-mas tree...

It looked as if the car was going to catch fire, but luckily it didn't.

http://vid1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee472/Black-Betty/Black%20Jack/VID-20160604-WA0000.mp4

(check out my very quick assessment at the end: that can only be concluded by a trained eye :lol: )

preliminary assessment: catastrophical blow out of the AOS...

Car doesn't start and will be transported from Germany to the Netherlands next week.

Black Jack is offline   Reply With Quote