Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Site Assistance or feedback here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2006, 02:54 AM   #1

Moderators: Suggestion for a new Sub-Forum

As the site continues to gain new members, I know that for me, it would be nice to have a little more separation between subjects to make it a little easier to find things and/or post questions/suggestions/thoughts that are more on target the the subject forum.

One I'd like to suggest is something along the lines of "Car Care/Aftermarket" for discussions on waxes, interior care, tire/wheel cleaning, interior mods, etc. I don't know if others would be interested but I though I'd throw the idea out there for discussion.

Prior to buying a Boxster (pick it up today, yeaaaaaayyyyy), I was a Miata owner and that community has a great resource in Miata.net with a large forum http://forum.miata.net/vb/ . Since they have many more members it is easier to get by with as many sub-forums as they have.

Jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:57 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
As the site continues to gain new members, I know that for me, it would be nice to have a little more separation between subjects to make it a little easier to find things and/or post questions/suggestions/thoughts that are more on target the the subject forum.

One I'd like to suggest is something along the lines of "Car Care/Aftermarket" for discussions on waxes, interior care, tire/wheel cleaning, interior mods, etc. I don't know if others would be interested but I though I'd throw the idea out there for discussion.

Prior to buying a Boxster (pick it up today, yeaaaaaayyyyy), I was a Miata owner and that community has a great resource in Miata.net with a large forum http://forum.miata.net/vb/ . Since they have many more members it is easier to get by with as many sub-forums as they have.
Nice Idea Jump --
Maybe I missed it, what are you buying? Oh, and we'll need pics and comments after your first ride! Enjoy
Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:41 AM   #3

Welcome! You'll find a good number of people here who have had Miatas along the way (like me - '97M for 5 years), and enjoyed them immensely. So, what'd you get??
limoncello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:41 AM   #4

Jump,
Brucelee & I will discuss it at our next meeting. I too am a member of Miata.net and their many subforums do make categorization of topics easy. As you point out they have 30,000+ members vs our 5,000.
rkwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:55 AM   #5

Maybe we also need a sub-forum for all us miata owners too (I still have mine )

I too like the way the miata forum has things sorted out, but then I'm just used to that.

Maybe a survey is in order to see where the curent interests of the group are.

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:27 AM   #6

Kabel,
Mine is a Flying Miata FMII Turbo setup. 1.8l engine in a 91 body. Dynoed at 210 rwbhp and 190lbs torque at 10psi. It's a garage queen since it only comes out on weekends...but w/ the rain here in NE that's been few and far between.
rkwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:12 AM   #7

If you're going to add forums - might as well add the "******************** about it" section. Of course, that would probably reduce the traffic on the other areas to zero....

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:54 AM   #8

A "detailing" section would be great too. I know there are many of you who have lots of knowledge of best products to use and which ones to stay away from. And "how to" advice.
EVOMS Intake
Glass rear window
velvet_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:27 PM   #9

Sorry for the late reply. I guess a bad things about multiple sub-forums is when they get moved you lose them

For those asking (and assuming you missed other posts), I ended up with a 2002 S with 4900 miles. It had about a month of factory warranty left and I got an additional 3 years extended. Other than an oil leak which the warranty fixed, everything is in excellent condition. It has definitely been a blast to drive.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:40 PM   #10

...and the pictures are where exactly???
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:13 PM   #11

Well I haven't had a chance to take any of my own yet but you can see it still on the website of where I bought it: http://www.simplyluxuryimports.com/auto/sn201.html
Old 06-26-2006, 06:14 PM   #12

Sweet! I sure do love that Silver/Black!
Old 06-27-2006, 05:25 PM   #13

Nice car Griz! I really like your wheels. At this point, that is about the only thing I want to upgrade (maybe an iPod mod also).
Old 06-27-2006, 06:21 PM   #14

Actually Jump, I like YOUR wheels. The 18" Turbos were in our top three when we were trying to choose, along with the ones we got and the Carrera lightweights. My wife got to make the final choice because the car is hers...unless I get up earlier.

Good luck with it.