Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Site Assistance or feedback here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 09:34 AM   #1

Keeping posts "new" for longer

This forum seems very aggressive about expiring the "new" status of posts.

Many times I will login, read a few posts, and find that everything from "today" is no longer showing as bold. Is there a way to increase that time period?

'01 Boxster S, 51k miles
'05 Mazda 6 Grand Touring Wagon
yimmy149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #2

I could be wrong here, but I think the "new posts" are specific to each individual... it probably uses your user login & cookies from your browser for your return visits... It will be from the last time you were in session on the forums...

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #3

couple of things.....

- you can use the 'New Posts' link in the blue bar ~ 1/3 way down to give you a listing of all topics w/ new posts in them including new threads. This way you don't have to open each subforum to see "what's new"

- then if you want to read the post/topic, just middle click on it to open the topic in a new tab (or window if you so like). This works on IE8, Mozilla/Firefox and SRWare Iron, and of course Chrome and I imagine Safari browsers. If you click on the little box w/ a down arrow/carrot next to the topic title, it'll take you to the first new post in the thread since you last read it

Lot's of options to keep you happy

Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote