Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 05:55 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to PSL-Boxster
Stock Camber #'s

wondering what the camber is for both front and rear.. on my box the rear seems to have a slight negative while the front seems dead even. anyone?

PSL-Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #2

Factory Alignment specs...

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:19 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to PSL-Boxster
thanks kabel
PSL-Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:01 PM   #4

right camber

you're right ! the rears have a slightly negative camber set-up for better handling. but not too good on tires.. though we have a choice when you have it aligned if you want it dead even from the front, but i doubt if you would like the handling?
t2-bxtrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #5

I am using factory alignment settings I posted and the wear has been very even so far. I've got the stock 17" wheels wrapped in PS2's , I drive this car daily in a "spirited" fashion most of the time and autox it 9-12 a year.

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:16 PM   #6

Not much camber adjustability in stock form. Most cars get about -0.5 up front with the front maxed out, some get -0.7. The rear can generally be adjusted between -1.2 and -2 but it depends a lot on where you have your toe eccentrics set.

Most stock Boxsters have more negative rear camber dialed in than front for stability reasons. Dialing in more negative front camber and less rear negative makes the car more responsive and tossable.

John V is offline   Reply With Quote