Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2007, 10:48 AM   #1

Got some new pics of my ride.

Here they are. Only wish I had those speedster humps.

porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:41 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
usually im against the stripe on the rear fenders but it looks pretty decent on your ride. I like the taillights, I was thinking of buying them from ebay and just transfering the lense onto my stock housing so it uses the standard lights and looks lik a cayman tailliight.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
usually im against the stripe on the rear fenders but it looks pretty decent on your ride. I like the taillights, I was thinking of buying them from ebay and just transfering the lense onto my stock housing so it uses the standard lights and looks lik a cayman tailliight.
Yes, they are very sutle. I made sure I didn't go to big with the stripes. You can't even see them from certain side views. Mainly just from the rear. It contors and curves with the back shape of the car.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:11 PM   #4

I see. You should get some rubberized black mesh and place them behind the openings on your front bumper, it doesnt look so hot when you can look through them and easily see the floor or make out the internals behind it.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
Old 01-26-2007, 12:32 PM   #5

Quote:
I see. You should get some rubberized black mesh and place them behind the openings on your front bumper, it doesnt look so hot when you can look through them and easily see the floor or make out the internals behind it.
Well I guess you can't se it in the photos, but I'm way ahead of you there. I actually have black painted powder-coated metal mesh grills behind all of my openings. Those photos don't do it any justice. But at least we think alike.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:35 PM   #6

Quote:
I almost forgot to mention that those white spaces in the front that you are looking at are not part of the car, but are actually an extra set of fog lights I installed. So those are the only area that does not have black mesh in front of it.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:11 PM   #7

LOL your right, i was looking at that extra fog light and thought it was the floor underneath the car! big ups on the mesh grille!

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
Old 01-26-2007, 01:33 PM   #8

Quote:
LOL your right, i was looking at that extra fog light and thought it was the floor underneath the car! big ups on the mesh grille!
I have seen that on some other people's front ends that were switched out. It's the steel suport beam of the front frame on the car. I made sure to have mine painted flat black before I installed my GT-2 bumper/facia. And I went with black mesh grills instead of silver, witch I've seen some other people use. The Porsche GT's all use black mesh. So I figured it should stay the same.