986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Show and Tell Gallery (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/)
-   -   BMW M3 Meet (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/8666-bmw-m3-meet.html)

Jeph 12-18-2006 03:42 PM

BMW M3 Meet

I went with my friend to an M3 meet. Since my car is in the shop getting its upgrade/repairs, I couldn't crash the party with my Porsche. However there was still Stuttgart representation.

We set up a pretty cool shot, and here it is. When I posted this on the ///M Board, they thought it was awesome because it looks like the Carrera was about to get pounced by the 3s.

I thought just the opposite... I think it looks like the M3s are bowing down to the real machine.

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/m3-yellowC4S.jpg

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/m3-001.jpg

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/m3-011.jpg

boggtown 12-18-2006 05:09 PM

I was sooo close to getting an 02 M3 cabriolet. They are sweet cars... man Id love to have one with a CSL kit, Vorsteiner hood, and carbon fiber intake kit. But Id rather have that 911 even more. :)

Grizzly 12-18-2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeph
When I posted this on the ///M Board, they thought it was awesome because it looks like the Carrera was about to get pounced by the 3s.

The BMW guys may be right. That's about how many 3s it would take to beat up one Carrera.

djomlas 12-18-2006 07:22 PM

ill take one of each please

Jeph 12-18-2006 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly
The BMW guys may be right. That's about how many 3s it would take to beat up one Carrera.

Good call. That dude driving the C4S was crazy. As every one was about to leave, he started shredding his tires. It was entertaining to say the least.

(short) Video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8159809141283581448&q=carrera+ruf

Picture:
http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986-carrera-nut.jpg

djomlas 12-18-2006 07:56 PM

crazy, but bad doughnuts

Jeph 12-18-2006 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djomlas
crazy, but bad doughnuts

I imagine it would be difficult to do true donuts with all-wheel drive. It sure sounded good though!

C5150 12-18-2006 09:45 PM

I don't know what it is - but the M3 convertible just looks too much like a chick car to me... I'd go with the coupe. Or better yet, the M6 coupe.

- C5150

986Roadster 12-19-2006 05:32 AM

ya such a girly car. i hated driving the M3. the new M3, now thats a little more manly of a car. can't wait to see that on the street. not a fan of the old M3's.

CJ_Boxster 12-19-2006 06:11 AM

my father almost bought an older M3, my98 M3, i drove it to the bar with him and damn that gas pedal was tough ass hell to press. When i finally got him back home and hoped into my boxster, i thought my clutch was slipping but its cause i had gotten use to the M3 gas pedal, i was pressing my throttle way too hard for the first 3 blocks.

CJ_Boxster 12-19-2006 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeph

Why hasnt anyone of us thought it painting our stone guard (mud Flaps) body colored like our bumperettes... i would assume painting the stone gaurd would give the effect of having a sideskirt like it does to the 911 pictured.

Perfectlap 12-19-2006 06:48 AM

great photo.

M3 coupes are great but The M3 convertible has to be the worst example of chopping off a roof on a car that should stay as a coupe. The M3 coupes I've driven are EXCELLENT cars but the minute I got into the rag top it was like :confused: what happened??
This has happened before with other cars like the mini cooper(yes I drove a mini convertible once), Nissan Z, Mustang but not nearly as bad as the M3.
Coupes are Coupes and Roadsters are Roadsters, compromising sports cars is bad karma.

p.s.
As much as I hate pendulus cornering I still think a Carrera is so much better looking than an M3/5/6 that I would put up with it.

Brucelee 12-19-2006 06:53 AM

The M3 is a fine street automobile from any standpoint. The GT3 is a race car.

It would be silly to compare them, no?

C5150 12-19-2006 06:24 PM

Quote:

"The M3 is a fine street automobile from any standpoint. The GT3 is a race car.

It would be silly to compare them, no?"

Originally Posted by Brucelee .

You correct me if I'm wrong, but the M stands for "Motorsport," not street car. Yes, she's a fine street automobile, but I wouldn't say it is silly to compare.

I love the M3 - but it's too bad so many people own 3 series. They are so common here anymore, they all look like Hondas to me.

Coupe would be the only way to go for me if I got one - but when I had the choice - I bought a Porsche..

- C5150

Brucelee 12-19-2006 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5150
Quote:

"The M3 is a fine street automobile from any standpoint. The GT3 is a race car.

It would be silly to compare them, no?"

Originally Posted by Brucelee .

You correct me if I'm wrong, but the M stands for "Motorsport," not street car. Yes, she's a fine street automobile, but I wouldn't say it is silly to compare.

I love the M3 - but it's too bad so many people own 3 series. They are so common here anymore, they all look like Hondas to me.

Coupe would be the only way to go for me if I got one - but when I had the choice - I bought a Porsche..

- C5150

I will stand by what I wrote. The M car is still a street car that costs, like 60% of the GTC? No back seat in the GT3 etc.

No comparison.

A fairer comparison (a BIT more so) would be a M version of the Z4 but even there, the price is way out of whack.

I would try comparing a ZO6 to a GT3. That would be fairer I think.

C5150 12-19-2006 06:29 PM

Meant to add....

I'm sure that someone can help me on if this is truly fact or not - but didn't BMW brag about how their M3 race cars were almost completely stock?! So, it IS a race car - right.....?

- C5150

Adam 12-19-2006 08:44 PM

Quote:

I don't know what it is - but the M3 convertible just looks too much like a chick car to me...

- C5150

Quote:

Originally Posted by 986Roadster
ya such a girly car. i hated driving the M3.

News flash guys...the boxster is a chick car!! Yes, you are in fact driving a chick car. In case you haven't figured it out yet the boxster has umm a rather "soft" rep. Do a search under chick and check out all the threads :eek:

boggtown 12-19-2006 08:47 PM

Newsflash, the most chick car ever is a Miata. So lets just thank God or whoever you pray to that we dont drive that around town. (sorry for offending you who also have miatas, lol) But when I think miata, I think of corkey romano's miata :barf:

C5150 12-19-2006 10:23 PM

Quote:

"News flash guys...the boxster is a chick car!! Yes, you are in fact driving a chick car. In case you haven't figured it out yet the boxster has umm a rather "soft" rep. Do a search under chick and check out all the threads "

Originally Posted by Adam

I agree with you that the Box has the "soft" rep. Absolutely. Outside of the Cayenne - this is the chick car of the Porsche family. But I really blame that only to it being a convertible.

I don't think she's as girlee as a 3 series convertible though.... The box is a roadster. THE roadster of roadsters (which should get the M Z4 fans brewing). And I think the roadsters were made more for fellas. Just my opinion - I'm open to other opinions here.

In fact - this could be a great "pointless" forum topic: Your vote for the best chick car. Mine would have to be the VW Bug Cabriolet or the Honda Del Sol.

- C5150

Adam 12-19-2006 11:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think she's as girlee as a 3 series convertible though.... The box is a roadster. THE roadster of roadsters (which should get the M Z4 fans brewing). And I think the roadsters were made more for fellas. Just my opinion - I'm open to other opinions here

- C5150

See Bogg, the Miata is a man's car too because it's a roadster like the boxster ;)