986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Show and Tell Gallery (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/)
-   -   My Imagine Auto S/C'ed Boxster S is back and WOW is it fun! (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/7590-my-imagine-auto-s-ced-boxster-s-back-wow-fun.html)

JP-s-in st. louis 09-29-2006 09:13 AM

My Imagine Auto S/C'ed Boxster S is back and WOW is it fun!

It took a bit longer then expected but was it ever worth the wait! I can not say enough about the power delivery...So smooth and fluid that it just keeps pulling. The wine from the S/Cer can hardly be heard and can not be heard over 2500rpm's... I am inviting anyone that is interested in doing this conversion come to Seattle. I will personally pick you up and take you for a ride... After all if you drop a lot of cash on the kit you should spend a few hundred on a plane ticket to drive one before you buy right?? You can e-mail me @ Jprwitt@Yahoo...

edevlin 09-29-2006 10:40 AM

Before and After Dynos?

Wow, sounds like fun, did you have a chance to run before and after dyno numbers on the car? If so, what kind of numbers did you get, thanks,

Ed

blue2000s 09-29-2006 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP-s-in st. louis
It took a bit longer then expected but was it ever worth the wait! I can not say enough about the power delivery...So smooth and fluid that it just keeps pulling. The wine from the S/Cer can hardly be heard and can not be heard over 2500rpm's... I am inviting anyone that is interested in doing this conversion come to Seattle. I will personally pick you up and take you for a ride... After all if you drop a lot of cash on the kit you should spend a few hundred on a plane ticket to drive one before you buy right?? You can e-mail me @ Jprwitt@Yahoo...

Total price of the install? What had to be added/changed?

JP-s-in st. louis 09-29-2006 12:17 PM

285 RWHP or about 350 crank is what i am at now..As for price please call Stephen or the other guys at Imagine Auto @ 913-310-9927

blue2000s 09-29-2006 09:36 PM

Quote:

285 RWHP or about 350 crank is what i am at now..As for price please call Stephen or the other guys at Imagine Auto @ 913-310-9927

Why, you didn't pay for it?

Jeph 09-30-2006 05:54 AM

Your upgrades are merely text on a screen to us right now. We NEED media!

Pictures and Audio and Video -oh my!
Pictures and Audio and Video -oh my!

Adam 09-30-2006 06:46 AM

Quote:

Call me pessimistic but I think your claim of 350 crank hp is on the optimistic side. Since the trans and engine are right next to each other and there is no long heavy drive shaft connecting the two, the boxster driveline is pretty efficient. It would be more comparable to a fwd car in terms of parasitic driveline loss. By your math you are saying that the boxster's driveline losses approx 23% which is quite high. It's more like about 15% so you are actually making about 328 hp at the crank not 350 hp if you are truly putting 285 hp to the ground. Where's the dyno sheet on your car?

PorscheDoc 09-30-2006 07:14 AM

15% loss puts the car at 335 crank.

Predyno sheet was something like 220rwhp IIRC (our 2.5L supercharged boxster puts down 240rwhp after the install), I'm not at the shop, so I can't recall exactly.

JP got the price he got because his car was the R&D car for the install.

I think we shot some video of the car, I will ask one of my guys at the shop if he has done anything with it. The video of the 2.5L kit is on our website.

JP-s-in st. louis 09-30-2006 07:50 AM

Also look for articles in Excellence and European car Magazine in the next few months.

As for Crank HP Sorry my math that day was just a tad off.

Doc can post the dyno sheet and I will post pics of it later today.

As for as the Video, I hope they have one if not I will make one later with 20-100 MPH pulls.

JP-s-in st. louis 09-30-2006 09:56 AM

Here are the pics

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k8/JPrewitt_2006/Porsche%20Delivery/Porsche%20SC%20Delivery/?action=view&slideshow=true

David_J 09-30-2006 01:21 PM

Lucky for me I don't need to buy a plane ticket to see your car. :) When I get back from my vacation, I would be very interested in seeing your car. I have been waiting for you to get your car back so I can decide if I want to do the S/C as well.

Have fun with your car. We will need to schedule another Seattle area drive soon so you can go with us. The last one to Mt Rainier was a blast.

-David

JP-s-in st. louis 09-30-2006 10:10 PM

Anytime man just hit me up when you are back! Have a good vacation :cheers:

porscheracer 10-06-2006 06:58 AM

Quote:

Anytime man just hit me up when you are back! Have a good vacation :cheers:

Is it true super chargers will lessen the life of the engine? I hear lots of bad rumors.

:matchup: