986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Show and Tell Gallery (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/)
-   -   Just Finished upgrades to my 1998 Boxster (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/7583-just-finished-upgrades-my-1998-boxster.html)

brians98boxster 09-28-2006 02:44 PM

Just Finished upgrades to my 1998 Boxster

I just completed some upgrades to my 1998 boxster. I added a GT-2 front bumper and EVO spoiler, GT-2 aero side skirts, and a Aero-2 rear spoiler. Changed the stock 17" rims to 18" center cup wheels with p-zero tires. If you have any questions contact me at brians@abpsmedstaff.com I am planning an engine conversion next.

Brian

bmussatti 09-28-2006 02:49 PM

Nice job! The front bumper looks very good. I really like the black lip on the bottom.

Very shiny. What wax are you using?

Not sure I like the Porsche crests on the front side fenders.

Who will do your engine conversion? Are you going to the 3.6 or 3.8 route?

FIG 09-28-2006 06:58 PM

:cheers:

Looks awsome! Nice mods ;)

Perfectlap 09-29-2006 09:14 AM

Excellent nice color interior!, looks completely different. Great look on those wheels. I too find the crest a bit distracting but the whole car is a head turner. Your exterior mods are well worth the price. You'll have no shortage of buyers some day.

Now all you need is a three spoke steering wheel and my tasty GT3 seats! Maybe painted bumperettes from bumperplugs.com? Trigem2000 Put the 2003-2004 rear bumper on his car and worked out very well, not cheap though from what I recall.

p.s.
that is indeed a great shine. Did you paint over the amber on the headlights or use some tinting film?

djomlas 09-29-2006 09:23 AM

hey arent those the pics used on ebay to sell sideskirts and bumpers? or is this the same person that actually sells them?

love the car tho, especially the wheels

jteixidor 10-03-2006 06:53 AM

Like your rim

Just curious, where did you get the rims. I also like the black detail on the front bumper and lights, where was it done. The only thing I dont like is the small porsche emblem on the side, looks out of place. Other than that it looks great!

brians98boxster 10-03-2006 07:17 AM

jteixidor reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by jteixidor
Just curious, where did you get the rims. I also like the black detail on the front bumper and lights, where was it done. The only thing I dont like is the small porsche emblem on the side, looks out of place. Other than that it looks great!

I got the rims from RH.com I can get the front EVO spoiler. I did the lights with 3-M smoke milar. I recently removed the logos from the side as I agree they were out of balance with the center caps.

Brian

jeffsquire 10-03-2006 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brians98boxster
I got the rims from RH.com I can get the front EVO spoiler. I did the lights with 3-M smoke milar. I recently removed the logos from the side as I agree they were out of balance with the center caps.

Brian

jteixidor 10-09-2006 06:35 AM

You sure it is RH.com

Brian, are you sure it is RH.com. I get a speaker company when I type that in.
Thanks
Joshua

brians98boxster 10-09-2006 06:57 AM

soory wrong site

Quote:

Originally Posted by jteixidor
Brian, are you sure it is RH.com. I get a speaker company when I type that in.
Thanks
Joshua

rh-wheels.com

Perfectlap 10-10-2006 02:02 PM

p.s.
by the looks of your interior and exterior color choice I can see that you are a HIGHLY sophisticated guy, of great intelligence, you are no doubt very popular with the ladies and have a very active social life and are kind to small creatures.

Porschekid 10-11-2006 06:13 AM

Is that a fiberglass front? How is the quality? It looks awesome.

Porschekid 10-11-2006 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djomlas
hey arent those the pics used on ebay to sell sideskirts and bumpers? or is this the same person that actually sells them?

love the car tho, especially the wheels

Yeah, it is... I thought it looked familiar.

docdyh 10-16-2006 02:00 PM

who makes the rear spoiler you put on?

Pilot2519j 10-16-2006 06:26 PM

Very nice indeed! Good that you removed the P-crests from the side took away from all nice work you have done. How much of a budget do you need for the mods you did?

brians98boxster 10-17-2006 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pilot2519j
Very nice indeed! Good that you removed the P-crests from the side took away from all nice work you have done. How much of a budget do you need for the mods you did?

The complete kit with all mounting hardware 1900.00
mesh screen kit 16.00
Painting and installation 275.00 (friend with shop)
15mm spacers 200.00
18" Center cup wheels with tires 1200.00 (another friend)
Center caps 139.00

Thanks for the comments

Brian

Allen K. Littlefield 10-30-2006 04:06 PM

Stock spoiler disabled?

Brian, when you mount a spoiler on the rear deck lid, do you also disconnect the stock spoiler from raising up? I imagine it would look odd with the stock spoiler raising up behind the other one at 75 mph.

AKL

David N. 11-05-2006 09:16 PM

Good call on removing the logos on the sides. When I took my car in to get the cv boots fixed at a place in Santa Monica, I got up close and personal with 3 virtually pristine 355s in there for electrical work (and a 360 parked on the street by its lonesome self). After having a chance to fully inspect and peer into every nook and cranny, I noticed two things. 1)virtually no supercar in Los Angeles seems to avoid roadrash under the front bumper, and 2)those logos on the sides were silly at first glance, and got even sillier looking after looking over the car for 10 minutes.

Thank you Ferrari for showing us what not to do:)

jteixidor 12-28-2006 08:49 PM

Blck light

Brian, how did you tint the lower parts of your headlights?

denverpete 12-29-2006 01:34 PM

Really love those rims. The bumper looks GREAT! Don't care for the spoiler - but it's still pretty nice. Just gotta tell you though - the PORSCHE decal on the front window? Ricer city man. That's gotta GO!