Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2023, 10:00 AM   #1

2000 Guards Red... project?

I hesitate to call it a project, as there is nothing wrong with the car, just a lot of tweaks I either have done or will be doing. I purchased it last October after a lifelong dream of Porsche ownership finally came true. My good friend has had an Arena Red 99 Boxster for a couple of years, and after many talks and online ad searches I finally found a great candidate. It is a bone stock base model (literally the option sticker is blank). When I bought it with just over 115k kilometers (about 71k miles) it had the IMS/RMS done, new tires, AOS, water pump, front engine mount, right rad, plugs, coils, filters, and other misc stuff, so the main (and expensive!) maintenance items were already done, so I was pretty happy to get this one.

In terms of things I want to do or am in the process of doing are the following:
- short shift kit
- wheel stud conversion
- Koni shocks
- Eibach anti-roll bars
- low temp thermostat
- centre rad addition
- larger oil cooler
- LN oil filter conversion
- deep oil sump

All of the above I have either started or have the parts for, except for the centre rad and sump, with the goal of making it handle better for both street and HPDE events, and to make it more reliable on track. I also picked up a set of 17 inch wheels for the track (came with 16's with new Continental Extreme Contact tires) and I am picking up a hardtop on Friday.

I only got to drive it 3 or 4 times before it got garaged for the winter, can't wait for spring!

As you can tell from the picture, I am primarily a Honda owner (yes, all 3 in the pic are family vehicles), I always joked that I had Porsche dreams but a Honda budget, now I have both...

Last edited by redpepperracing; 03-07-2023 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Fixed a couple of typos
redpepperracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 06:37 AM   #2

Garage
Very nice and welcome!
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 07:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
Very nice and welcome!
Thanks, happy to be here!

I'm still trying to figure out how to get a high quality picture uploaded, the first one looks like dog********************.

Let's see if this one is better...nope, still garbage.
redpepperracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 11:17 AM   #4

Great project & great color! Best of luck with your build!
ToSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 12:56 PM   #5

I did:

Eibach ARBs
Stud kit
Bigger oil cooler

Guys at the track said I don’t need to worry so much about the oiling system on 280 TW tires (?).
Party on!

986tate is offline   Reply With Quote