986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Show and Tell Gallery (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/)
-   -   Zaino'd Pics (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/6671-zainod-pics.html)

MinK6 07-07-2006 08:00 AM

Zaino'd Pics

Took the long 4th of July weekend to Zaino my cars for the first time.
I am one happy customer! I regret not switching to this stuff long time ago. Other wax (Meguire's, Eagle One, Zymol etc.) that I have been using are all going into trash! I love this stuff.

99-Boxster-MK 07-07-2006 08:21 AM

Zaino does in deed rock :) I love it..

Mike

Porschekid 07-07-2006 09:23 AM

Wow, talk about mirror finish. That looks beautiful.

Does anyone know what Zaino's best swirl remover would be... or the best swirl remover period? Do I really need an orbital to remove swirls? The Pep Boys specials never seem to do the job.

RandallNeighbour 07-07-2006 09:38 AM

I just went to the zaino web site and read their very long instructional page... seems like they want me to buy a lot of product from them!

Can anyone tell me exactly what you use and in what order you use it? Do you use all the bottles of stuff they recommend, or what have you found to work?

Don't forget I have an old boxster with black paint. Every swirl mark, scratch and nick shows up unless you've just waxed it and it's midnight :)

Sheer Darkness covers up a lot of problems on a black paint job!

99-Boxster-MK 07-07-2006 09:52 AM

Randall for your car..

Z-18 Clay Bar
PoorBoy's SSR 2.5 (applied with a machine) Porter Cable is awesome..
PoorBoy's SSR 1.0 (applied with a machine)
Zaino Z-PC Fusion (applied with a machine)
Z1 (hand)
Z2 (hand)
Z6 (hand)
Z2 (hand)
Z6 (hand)
Z8 (hand)

Wipe drool of ground (can use machine or hand for that) hehe

Mike

kabel 07-07-2006 10:02 AM

Great shine MinK6! (and your photoshop skill aint bad either ;) )

I'm with Randall, black is a b****. I have not had the quality time available to really get mine where I would like it... yet.

MinK6 07-07-2006 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99-Boxster-MK
Randall for your car..

Z-18 Clay Bar
PoorBoy's SSR 2.5 (applied with a machine) Porter Cable is awesome..
PoorBoy's SSR 1.0 (applied with a machine)
Zaino Z-PC Fusion (applied with a machine)
Z1 (hand)
Z2 (hand)
Z6 (hand)
Z2 (hand)
Z6 (hand)
Z8 (hand)

Wipe drool of ground (can use machine or hand for that) hehe

Mike

I used ZFX with Z5 & Z2

Here is what I did:

Liquid Dawn wash (Twice)
(Z18 Clay)
(Z7 Wash)
(ZFX+Z5)
(Z6)
(ZFX+Z2)
(Z6)
(ZFX+Z5)
(Z6)
(ZFX+Z2)
(Z8)

Wiped drool off the ground with a microfiber towel. haha

Since I was new to Zaino I went ahead and bought the "Zaino Total Protection Show Car Kit" + bottle of Z8.
Not a bad investment if you ask me.

I think I will stock up on Z7 car wash and Z8 since I think I will be using these more than the other products.

Porschekid 07-07-2006 10:27 AM

Damn, do you need to buy the whole series to get results? I thought I could buy one or two of them to get rid of swirls and give me some shine. I don't feel like putting little Johnnie Zaino thru college.

MinK6 07-07-2006 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porschekid
Damn, do you need to buy the whole series to get results? I thought I could buy one or two of them to get rid of swirls and give me some shine. I don't feel like putting little Johnnie Zaino thru college.

Basically all you need is ZFX, Z5 or Z2 and Z6. You might need ZPC depending on how deep bad your swirl marks are and claybar you can buy anywhere at your local autopart store.

In my opinion, I ended up spending that much money on other cleaner/wax type anyway, why not use the best on your Porsche.

bmussatti 07-07-2006 02:18 PM

I love Zaino too. I have been using the ZFX, Z2, Z5, Z6, Z7 and Z8. When I use the Z2 or Z5, I park it overnight and then hand-buff the wax off the next morning.

bmussatti 07-07-2006 02:29 PM

MinK6, your car looks great! You did a great job!!

What color is that...Midnight Blue Metallic or Lapis Blue Metallic? Looks great with the Metropol Blue Top too!

boxsterx 07-07-2006 07:28 PM

MinK6,

your car looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttt!

you put a lot of work on that shine and it's totally worth it! good job dude!

Y2BOX 07-14-2006 12:43 AM

Wow..looks so good it almost dosnt look real!!

Puts my mguires gold class to shame......

Rail26 07-14-2006 05:34 AM

No kidding. And they F&^% you in the Drive Thru....what movie?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porschekid

Grizzly 07-14-2006 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rail26
No kidding. And they F&^% you in the Drive Thru....what movie?

Lethal Weapon II...or III...or IV...or...

Whatever you want, Leo Getz.

lexuspilot 07-14-2006 02:57 PM

I have always used the original meguiars professional stuff.

I just did the Boxster with P21S. It looks good like any other ure carnuba, but I am sure it won't last if I drive it everyday.

I hear the zaino lasts like a glass coating and the only drawback is the time it takes.

Rail26 07-14-2006 07:43 PM

BINGO!!! Nice work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly
Lethal Weapon II...or III...or IV...or...

Whatever you want, Leo Getz.

Perfectlap 07-18-2006 01:55 PM

very nice one of my favorite colors. Nearly bought an M3 that color a few years back. Glad i didn't!

Some folks swear by Zaino. I think all the boutique brands deliver the same show stopping looks. I'm personally not crazy about the idea of buying everything from one brand but that's just me. I'm always trying new stuff and I need products to be compatible with products from other brands.

but uh yeahh swirl remover, Poorboys is excellent but you need a PC orbital polisher to use it effectively. A very worthwhile investment.

newt 09-01-2006 10:48 AM

are all Boxsters clear coated? I have a 2001 speed yellow S, not sure but it doesn't appear to be clear coated,

bmussatti 09-01-2006 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newt
are all Boxsters clear coated? I have a 2001 speed yellow S, not sure but it doesn't appear to be clear coated,

Yes, yours is clear-coated.

From what I have read, solid colors were clear-coated since 1995. If you polish your car, and no color comes off on your rag (white rag) this is proof positive your car is clear-coated.