Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2017, 01:11 PM   #1

Pics of my 2001 speed yellow Boxster S with custom full leather interior

Hey guys

I've been away from this site for a while but thought I come back with pics of my 986 with everything Ive done so far. A couple years ago my buddy at Exclusive Option did my entire interior. The craftsmanship and and attention to detail is amazing. Everything in my interior except the radio is in black leather and yellow stitching. I bought sport seats that were ripped and re did them. I bought a full leather dash with a glove box and re did the bottom half in perforated leather. The perforated leather continued on the bottom half of the doors where the carpet is and the headliner of the hard top, but I also put yellow leather beneath it so that it can shine through the perforation(see pic). The climate control vents, rear view mirror, roll hoop, center console, floor matt pipping, even seat belt buckle all yellow leather. I also added the full leather door panels but re did it in new leather, yellow stitching with yellow arm rest.

Exterior
LED headlights with Philips 6K xenon.
LED corner lights.
Carrera side mirrors.
Blacked out windshield surround, and airvents
Red out LED tail lights

Other things I had
- Gemballa front bumper
- Ruff Wheels (replica)
-Aerokit 1 side side skirts
- 997 short shift kit
- 2004 facelift rear european bumper
- 2004 Exhaust tip.
-H&R springs
- 5mm spacers
- Rear spoiler from zientec
- IPD plenum
- Cold air intake.

Car has 44K miles on it. Hope you like the pics

Gemballa front bumper/Aerokit I Sideskirts/H&R suspension/997 short shift/Schnell front&rear strut brace/Aluminum pedals and floor board//Traffic pro/Console Delete//LED exterior lighting//Exclusive Options Full Leather/19inch Ruf Wheels/European rear bumper with 550 mesh/Zientec spoiler/IPD Plenum//Cold Air Intake/Hardtop/Speedster Humps

Last edited by Stunin_Stud; 05-11-2017 at 08:26 AM. Reason: spelling mistake in title.
Stunin_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:14 PM   #2

More pics

Here are more pics

Gemballa front bumper/Aerokit I Sideskirts/H&R suspension/997 short shift/Schnell front&rear strut brace/Aluminum pedals and floor board//Traffic pro/Console Delete//LED exterior lighting//Exclusive Options Full Leather/19inch Ruf Wheels/European rear bumper with 550 mesh/Zientec spoiler/IPD Plenum//Cold Air Intake/Hardtop/Speedster Humps
Old 05-10-2017, 01:22 PM   #3

Old 05-10-2017, 01:43 PM   #4

Garage
********************in Ride!
Old 05-10-2017, 01:50 PM   #5

more pics

Old 05-10-2017, 04:47 PM   #6

Simply WOW! That looks great and this is coming from a guy who is more about performance than looks. Amazing. Those are 996 door panels

Last edited by itsnotanova; 05-10-2017 at 04:49 PM.
itsnotanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:56 PM   #7

yea those are 996 door panels off a UK car. so the light on the door handle is on the right and I got another fitted on the left. The seats were off a 996 Cabrio and were in bad condition and I got it re done too. These cars get a bad rep and I wanted to bring out the best in it. I was going for an OEM+ look with this. The engine is stock aside from intake and plenum but debating on getting TPC turbo kit at some point.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:32 PM   #8

Very. Very.
BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:57 PM   #9

Looks fantastic, congratulations.

I have a speed yellow with the interior metalwork yellow and the leather in a blue, both factory options but it's not a patch on yours. Must have cost a packet to do.
Think I might paint my air intakes black though after seeing yours.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
RichRobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:21 AM   #10

Garage
The quality of work on the interior looks stunning (stud!) your car should be the mobile bill board for your buddys work.
Very nice ride.
Christian H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:43 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRobby View Post
Looks fantastic, congratulations.

I have a speed yellow with the interior metalwork yellow and the leather in a blue, both factory options but it's not a patch on yours. Must have cost a packet to do.
Think I might paint my air intakes black though after seeing yours.

Ive been thinking of doing something with the airvents but I actually just pastidipped it in matt black and it looks good. Makes it look bigger.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:46 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian H View Post
The quality of work on the interior looks stunning (stud!) your car should be the mobile bill board for your buddys work.
Very nice ride.
The entire interior was done by one guy who hand stitched everything. Porsche leather and stitching was used and it looks like stock if not better. There are no off stitches or uneven surfaces, or dimples, or bubbles. I try to take it to meets and shows when I can.

Here is the website if anyone is interested.

Home Page
Old 05-11-2017, 05:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunin_Stud View Post
Ive been thinking of doing something with the airvents but I actually just pastidipped it in matt black and it looks good. Makes it look bigger.
Do you think Matt Black is better than a painted gloss finish?

Old 05-11-2017, 05:51 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRobby View Post
Do you think Matt Black is better than a painted gloss finish?

I wrapped my windshield surround in gloss black vinyl but my air vents are flat black, not really matt. It looks good and it absorbs the light so it doesn't shine or look like you took an air vent from a black car and put it on. It gives it depth when you're next to it and ans appreciate its a vent. Try plasti dipping it see if you like it, if not you can change it. I did that but just kept it on.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:12 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunin_Stud View Post
I wrapped my windshield surround in gloss black vinyl but my air vents are flat black, not really matt. It looks good and it absorbs the light so it doesn't shine or look like you took an air vent from a black car and put it on. It gives it depth when you're next to it and ans appreciate its a vent. Try plasti dipping it see if you like it, if not you can change it. I did that but just kept it on.
Thanks, will definitely get and order some spray cans today although we aren't quite as used to it in the UK as you are.

Old 05-11-2017, 06:48 AM   #16

Wow, the level of detail in the trim work is outstanding!
Old 05-11-2017, 06:58 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpyAl View Post
Wow, the level of detail in the trim work is outstanding!
This is my favorite detail. The steering column is yellow leather and the surround is black with yellow stitching.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:08 AM   #18

The back carpet is leather too

The back carpet is leather with yellow stitching outlining behind the seat and perforated inserts. the stitching you see continues to the door.

(sorry for bad formatting)

Old 05-11-2017, 07:31 AM   #19
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Man that looks spectacular. You should send in some shots and a write up to Panorama or Excellence and see if they want to do an article. This car looks that special and deserves to be featured.
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:09 AM   #20

Garage
This car is nothing short of Beautiful

Question, does the 996 door panels simply just replace the original one? or were there modifications to make them fit?

2000 Boxster S, SPEC stage 1 clutch, Fabspeed sport headers, Fabspeed secondary cat deletes, Billy&Boat muffler, EVOM air intake, Ben006's Custom Short Shifter, Pedro's TechnoBrace, Eibach rear sway bar, De-snorkeled, Fred's custom projector HL
Dubaday is offline   Reply With Quote