986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Show and Tell Gallery (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/)
-   -   Boxster been juicing (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/6616-boxster-been-juicing.html)

lexuspilot 06-29-2006 05:56 AM

Boxster been juicing

I spilled some "Monster Energy Drink" in my Boxster and look what happened!

Actually, I still have the Boxster. I am selling it and putting away the money for the New S yet to come out.

After almost buying every car/truck on the market in the last 3 months(330,M3, c class, F250, sti, Si, 545i, 550i, A4, S4, escalade, Yukon). A little horse trading got me the H2 at a deal from a friend. I was so friggin tired of Car Dealers..especially BMW. They called me yesterday morning begging me to come in and close on a car this month(they being two bmw dealers, same dealer network though). I made an offer of 52k for a 58k sticker M3 and 32k for my Boxster and they said they were insulted. No counter offer, nothin. I said "Bl-- M-", called my friend and said I'd buy his truck. Now I can afford to keep the Boxster. Before you ask, it gets 10mpg around town and 13-14 on the highway(think Cayenne Turbo) BTW I almost bought a cpo'ed Cayenne Turbo but the price was more than twice as much as the 04 H2.

Brucelee 06-29-2006 06:11 AM

Exxon thanks you!

Good luck with the H.

boxsterx 06-29-2006 06:24 AM

good color choice! :)

looks just like a tonka trunk!

bmussatti 06-29-2006 06:33 AM

I hear the Hummers are expensive to insure. True?

RandallNeighbour 06-29-2006 06:34 AM

Your Boxster is now your economy car as far as fuel goes, huh?

A new forum member I know from my area of the country bought a boxster as his economy car... his other ride is a Carrera.

lexuspilot 06-29-2006 10:58 AM

I am sure I am not even on Exxon's thank you list BruceLee; but thanks for thinking so highly of me. :)

Insurance was cheaper than Boxster by $20/six months. But considering my Boxster was just $50/six months more than the Focus I had before it, I must be at the bottom of the rates.

When my father saw it , he reminded me that his daily driver was a DOT yellow pickup when I was a kid. He was the same age as me now, weird huh.

I drove that new BMW 330i for two days and not one person looked at my car really. Coming from the Boxster, which generates many remarks, it was like having got a bad haircut. You think you don't care what others think, but you notice it when it is gone.

I just like it as a mobile office, laptop out..making calls plenty of room. I don't talk and drive, the boxster cured me of that.

Porschekid 06-29-2006 12:04 PM

Looks really clean man. I'm not a fan of the H2's but it looks pretty nice. Congrats.