Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2016, 10:13 AM   #1

New Boxster in San Francisco!

Hi all,

My name is Martin (31 yo) and I have recently moved to the San Francisco Bay Area. I am from The Netherlands and consider my self a huge 'fun' car enthusiast (previous cars were a.o. a BMW Z3 M coupe and a Westfield Super 7)

Yesterday I bought a 2001 Boxster with a lot (111.000) miles. This is my first automatic transmission mission car ever, but I figured it would make sense with the SF hills. It is fun to ride and wasn't that expensive!

I would have done all the maintenance myself in my garage in The Netherlands. But SF rent prices don't allow me to have something with a garage, so I depend on the skills of a mechanic with a shop. Do you have any good and affordable suggestions in the Bay Area? I would like to have the IMS inspected asap before taking it for a real blast on the twisties.

Best,
Martin

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

martinvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 05:25 PM   #2

Many years ago when I lived in Silicon Valley, I used only 2 shops. One was Rob Grisby in Sunnyvale: El Camino and Remington/Fair Oaks area. The other was Dave's German Auto: East Side of 101 very close to SJ Airport, I believe the street was Roberson. Dave and Scott were awesome.
Just curious if anyone in the bay area now know if these guys are still in business or retired? If they still are doing Porsche work I would recommend them in a heartbeat. They kept my first Porsche a 1980 911 SC Targa in tip top performance for close to 18 years of ownership and 200K miles.

Last edited by bc993; 05-22-2016 at 05:43 PM.
bc993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinvh View Post
Hi all,

My name is Martin (31 yo) and I have recently moved to the San Francisco Bay Area. I am from The Netherlands and consider my self a huge 'fun' car enthusiast (previous cars were a.o. a BMW Z3 M coupe and a Westfield Super 7)

Yesterday I bought a 2001 Boxster with a lot (111.000) miles. This is my first automatic transmission mission car ever, but I figured it would make sense with the SF hills. It is fun to ride and wasn't that expensive!

I would have done all the maintenance myself in my garage in The Netherlands. But SF rent prices don't allow me to have something with a garage, so I depend on the skills of a mechanic with a shop. Do you have any good and affordable suggestions in the Bay Area? I would like to have the IMS inspected asap before taking it for a real blast on the twisties.

Best,
Martin

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
You can always come by my place if you need some space to work on the car. I'm located in Hayward. Feel free to PM.

martsink is offline   Reply With Quote