Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2016, 10:54 AM   #1

My 1997 986 5 speed, 57,000 miles

New to this Forum! Thanks!

hillbilly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:38 PM   #2
still plays with cars...

Garage
Sweet looking ride in Arena Red!
Lots of room in the trunk for the potato gun and a big bag of Yukon Gold ammo.
Ask me how I know...
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:06 AM   #3

Nice colour, but I'd be sharp to remove that fender badge!

Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Ambient footwell lighting
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterSteve View Post
Sweet looking ride in Arena Red!
Lots of room in the trunk for the potato gun and a big bag of Yukon Gold ammo.
Ask me how I know...
Thanks! LOL
Old 02-12-2016, 04:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraintthomas View Post
Nice colour, but I'd be sharp to remove that fender badge!
Thanks, I will consider it, I kinda like it.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:58 AM   #6

But it's just pretending to be a Ferrari badge? You may as well stick an 'S' next to your rear Boxster badge!

Either way though, clean looking car

Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Ambient footwell lighting
Old 02-12-2016, 06:44 AM   #7

Quote:
But it's just pretending to be a Ferrari badge? You may as well stick an 'S' next to your rear Boxster badge!

Either way though, clean looking car
It's not pretending to be anything, the badge reads Porsche on it. I have seen these on other Porsches. Thanks for the compliment!
Old 02-12-2016, 12:23 PM   #8
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Don't take it the wrong way. The thing is that putting a shield on the fender is usually a Ferrari thing. Add to that the fact that this one is not a true Porsche crest, but rather the Stuttgart crest which looks suspiciously like the Ferrari crest.

Either way, beautiful color and welcome!
Old 02-12-2016, 02:08 PM   #9

It's a Ferrari badge with 'Porsche' on it.

I've seen Boxsters with small Porsche crests on the fender and they don't look too bad at all - I even went to buy some at one point as I thought they were great.

Take this video for example, he has one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR7FjbCDWlU

Each to their own, but anyone who knows anything about cars would think you're being a bit daft there.

Old 02-12-2016, 02:36 PM   #10

Quote:
It's a Ferrari badge with 'Porsche' on it.

I've seen Boxsters with small Porsche crests on the fender and they don't look too bad at all - I even went to buy some at one point as I thought they were great.

Take this video for example, he has one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR7FjbCDWlU

Each to their own, but anyone who knows anything about cars would think you're being a bit daft there.
No problem, thanks for the video, that crest looks good. I took it off my car. LOL Thanks man!!!!
Old 02-12-2016, 11:36 PM   #11
Theoretical propagandist

Garage
Welcome to the group and a really nice looking box! As for the sticker...do whatever your thing is and live in the moment. Problem with joining a group that is focused on a particular "item" is that there will be 10,000 opinions as to how it should look (good or bad). Personally, I like seeing how people deck their rigs.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:52 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric G View Post
Welcome to the group and a really nice looking box! As for the sticker...do whatever your thing is and live in the moment. Problem with joining a group that is focused on a particular "item" is that there will be 10,000 opinions as to how it should look (good or bad). Personally, I like seeing how people deck their rigs.
Yeah thanks, I now how opinions are. The badge is no big deal, just wanted show the car. This is not my first Porsche, I have owned a few, along with other hot rods and muscle cars. Thanks again, glad to be here!!!
Old 02-13-2016, 06:11 AM   #13

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly986 View Post
Yeah thanks, I now how opinions are. The badge is no big deal, just wanted show the car. This is not my first Porsche, I have owned a few, along with other hot rods and muscle cars. Thanks again, glad to be here!!!
Opinions are like butt holes. Everyone has one and all of them stink! Lol.

Cool car, looks great for its age. The badge isn't my thing but if you like it rock on. This forum is great and I'd say majority of contributing members are car guys and gals and love talking shop. Congrats on the addition.
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:43 AM   #14

Apologies if anyone got the wrong end of my stick! Just didn't want people looking at it and going "Pff, what is that?". I'd rather someone say

Old 02-13-2016, 03:27 PM   #15

Quote:
Apologies if anyone got the wrong end of my stick! Just didn't want people looking at it and going "Pff, what is that?". I'd rather someone say
No problem, it's all good here in Alabama!!! Thanks
Old 02-13-2016, 06:36 PM   #16

Wow, great find. Is it okay to ask how much you paid for it? That is about the same mileage mine has here (tiptronic), just curious. PM is okay if you prefer keeping the info off record (I'll respect that).

Fender sticker were just fine man. Stuttgart horse, shield shape... belongs to Dr. Porsche in fact, Ferrari stole it from him lollll (I have no idea to be honest, just trolling...)
Old 02-18-2016, 06:09 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Wow, great find. Is it okay to ask how much you paid for it? That is about the same mileage mine has here (tiptronic), just curious. PM is okay if you prefer keeping the info off record (I'll respect that).

Fender sticker were just fine man. Stuttgart horse, shield shape... belongs to Dr. Porsche in fact, Ferrari stole it from him lollll (I have no idea to be honest, just trolling...)
Around $6500.00 this price includes some parts and upgrades I did to the car.

Last edited by hillbilly986; 02-28-2016 at 12:42 PM.