Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2006, 10:49 AM   #1

My new toy

Well here's my new ride: 2002 Boxster S in Lapis Blue Metallic. These are the dealer's shots as I don't have any pics of the car myself, and it's a bit dusty from a weekend of driving

The top is unfortunalty a little bit faded, but the material is fine. Who needs the top up anyway? .

Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:01 PM   #2

looking good...i love that dark exterior,...beige interior combo...!!!
dennizxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:34 PM   #3

very nice, how is the mileage and do you mind telling us what you paid?
Are Boxsters hard to find in that part of the world?
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:32 PM   #4

33,000 miles, and I paid $20k after my trade-in. Asking price was around $33k, but they were running an internet special that knocked off $2000.

Oh and I forgot to mention it still has 4 months of the factory warranty left

As far as availiablity of Boxster's, most of them are in the Phoenix area (like 95%) but they aren't scarce. Averge of 360 days of sunshine a year makes the covertibles rather popular . However I live in Tucson (about 2 hours south of Phoenix for those who don't know), and I was lucky to find this one locally. I think there's maybe 10 in the whole city F/S right now.

Last edited by Wintermute; 05-01-2006 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:22 AM   #5

4 months of warrantly? Call Warranty Direct they'll will extend it's still under warrantly. Maybe Porsche will extend the warranty for a fee too. Its a good piece of mind, especially if you got a good price. They cover towing and any unexpected repairs that aren't on the regular maintenance schedule.
Its very expensive to get a decent extended warranty after coverage has lapsed.
p.s.
was it Certified Pre-Owned by Porsche? I'd have a different Porsche dealer give it a top to bottom inspection before that warranty runs too. I had it done to mine just before the state mandated 6 month powertrain warranty elapsed. With only 10,000 miles when I bought it I figured it was a smart move since it was sitting for long periods of time.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 05-04-2006 at 08:26 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:39 PM   #6

Which dealership did you buy this BOXSTER from? (if you don't mind me asking) I bought a box from an AZ dealership and got soooooo screwed.
ScottT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:36 AM   #7

Perfectlap - I have looked into extended warranties, but haven't settled on one yet. I will get one for sure before the factory warranty expires. And I will be getting a full inspection prior to the warranty expiration, that way they can replace anything that needs it while still under warranty. I've heard that Porsche does a courtesy inspection at the end of the warranty. Oh and no, it was not a Certified Pre-Owned.

ScottT - The dealership was Unique Imports. Sales staff was very relaxed and not pushy at all. They gave me a great value on my trade-in and were totally understanding when I decided to sell some securities to put more $ down (takes a few days for the funds to settle).

They actually have two locations, one is for SUV type stuff (called Elegant Off-road), and this one is more for luxury vehicles. Actually they just got a Cayenne Turbo when I was there yesterday! Gorgeous, but waaaay epensive.