Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2015, 05:13 PM   #1

Silver 99'

I have been researching the Boxster for a year or so now. For my budget and wants, I was after a silver 99 base in good shape, with low miles at a reasonable price.
On Monday the 17th of August, 2015 I brought home my new-to-me Boxster.

I got the 1999 silver with 56,000 klms on it for just under $14,000 Canadian dollars. It is still tight like new and I am lining up things to update and preventive maintenance thing.

I want to thank all the folks on this site for the mountain of info that helped me make this possible.

I live out in rural Ontario where the roads are hill and dale and are always open. Perfect car for the area.

GaryMulcahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:43 PM   #2

Beautiful!
Jealous about your roads - just highways and boulevards in my day to day.
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 03:23 AM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Beautiful!
Jealous about your roads - just highways and boulevards in my day to day.
And don't forget HOT, Craig! Great looking '99, I'm jealous of your roads and weather - this time of year
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 03:33 AM   #4

Ha! Yes the weather in a few months will not have any joy in it. While you guys are still driving around, I will be shoveling my driveway. I will put her away for the winter and look forward to April.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:32 AM   #5
still plays with cars...

Garage
Nice!

That's a beautiful example of the breed you found, obviously a garage kept & winter stored toy in fabulous condition.
I must agree, rural Ontario is very beautiful this time of the year as Giller & I are discovering.
Enjoy!
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:04 AM   #6
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMulcahey View Post
I have been researching the Boxster for a year or so now. For my budget and wants, I was after a silver 99 base in good shape, with low miles at a reasonable price.
On Monday the 17th of August, 2015 I brought home my new-to-me Boxster.

I got the 1999 silver with 56,000 klms on it for just under $14,000 Canadian dollars. It is still tight like new and I am lining up things to update and preventive maintenance thing.

I want to thank all the folks on this site for the mountain of info that helped me make this possible.

I live out in rural Ontario where the roads are hill and dale and are always open. Perfect car for the area.
I miss those roads. Driving through Prince Edward County in particular. Ontario's hidden gem. Nice looking car BTW.
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 10:17 AM   #7

Paul, I drove through Manitoba many times as a teen in about 77'-79'. If I recall there is a curve somewhere on the TransCanada. I remember it kinda taking me by surprise after mind numbing hrs of straight-to-the-horizon driving. Is it still there?

All kidding aside, North of the 401 has far better roads than the PE County. But the restaurants are better down in the county.

G