986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Show and Tell Gallery (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/)
-   -   Dream Realized..... (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/5836-dream-realized.html)

Rondog 04-24-2006 08:37 AM

Dream Realized.....

First off..... i cannot thank all of you enough for helping me... Y'all answered my routinely silly questions with sage insight and honesty that help me immensely in the search for my dream......

Last weekend my wife and i flew up to No. Cal to inspect and purchase my new ride. The car-- which was the finalist in a long search-- has practically everything i wanted. We bought it through a dealer and sales rep, Gary Q, couldn't have been better. ( He gave us all the time we needed to inspect & drive the car-- without hovering over us.)

Anyway...we purchased the car and after a day in the area..we set off home on a rainy easter morning.... We drove down Hwy 1, which is without a doubt one of the most beautiful drives in the world. The rain let up and turned into a glorious trek.

As for the car... it is pristine and an "E" ticket ride to drive...It is everything i hoped it would be.

So here is my dream realized......thanks again to all that gave me guidance... there are sure to be plenty more "newbie" questions....

Porschekid 04-24-2006 08:53 AM

Beautiful. What type of camera? Those look like SLR shots...

velvet_jones 04-24-2006 10:17 AM

Did you buy from Stead?
PS-Congrats, beautiful car!

denverpete 04-24-2006 10:26 AM

Ugggh. I don't know how you stand that thing.... Better off-load it to me.

I'll give you two-fiddy....

70Sixter 04-24-2006 10:35 AM

Congratulations! It is beautiful. And to crusie the PCH for a first drive musta been icing on the cake.

Perfectlap 04-24-2006 11:39 AM

is it lowered? has a very agressive stance.

Try this product (wish I knew about when I had a black car)

425 super slick wipe

smith12895 04-24-2006 12:57 PM

NICE!

Triple Black :D

Loaded too!!!

eslai 04-24-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap
is it lowered? has a very agressive stance.

It has PASM, which might be what you're seeing. Mine looks that low also.

AUDIOGUY 04-24-2006 02:07 PM

Congrats! Triple black is my color... A few years ago I was in Marina Del Ray and LA and kept saying how it would be awesome to drive down the PCH in my car. I wish you many happy miles to come!
By the way, Nice looking neighborhood... you are living the American Dream!!

Rondog 04-24-2006 04:06 PM

Thanks to all....

PK--It's a Pentax Optio Si -- nothing special i just got lucky on a good day cuz i usually cant take a decent photo to save my life.

VJ --Got it at Carlsen -- Can't say enuf good things about them. Worked the deal over phone and email and i had NO negative surprises... If anyone is looking at cars up north... ask for Gary Quiblean--a total pro.

DP-- No sale... in addition to the $$$ this things gonna cost me new floors and landscape---gotta keep wenchie happy!!!!

PL-- i'll check it out... to be honest i havent "detailed' yet as i am awaiting my detailing kit -- (PC 7336, etc etc...) I'm so friggin paranoid at this point!!!!

by the way... driving hwy 1 was a thrill --but 3/4 thru you are definitely longing for some straight roads!!!

and finally... I will always be a Smithie wanna be till i pony up for those Carrera Classics!!! WooooooHooooooo!!!!

Hopefully i'll get to meet some of you guys!

RandallNeighbour 04-24-2006 05:22 PM

Rondog, I am jealous. 3x black, nav and sport chrono. That's nice!

Hey, what was your final price if I may ask?

SD987 04-24-2006 06:34 PM

"by the way... driving hwy 1 was a thrill --but 3/4 thru you are definitely longing for some straight roads!!!"

Crazy road ain't it? I drove from Carmel down to the intersection of the 101 in the BMW convertible and nearly went flying into the Pacific on more than one occasion. Can't imagine how paranoid you must have been in the new Box, but if there was ever a road for the Box, that's it...I'm sure it was mad fun !

Congrats on the new purchase, glad it worked out for you !

smith12895 04-25-2006 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rondog
and finally... I will always be a Smithie wanna be till i pony up for those Carrera Classics!!! WooooooHooooooo!!!!

I might have the Carrrera Classics, but you got an S... and Nav.... and Sports Chrono...
I'll trade ya :D

:cheers: