986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Show and Tell Gallery (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/)
-   -   137 mph (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/5274-137-mph.html)

ephidaboost 03-03-2006 02:54 PM

137 mph

My friend snapped this last week while I was driving.... Can anyone top this?

bmussatti 03-03-2006 03:01 PM

ephidaboost, a few months ago, these types of posts were eliminated due to stong feelings about legal driving speeds and sensitivities to forum members that have lost friends and loved ones to accidents.

This was a decision supported by the Boards co-owner, Mr. Brucelee.

eslai 03-03-2006 03:17 PM

Oh really? I didn't notice that had happened!

bmussatti 03-03-2006 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eslai
Oh really? I didn't notice that had happened!

Remeber the long running "sticky" thread titled "How Fast Have You Gone In Your Boxster"? Well....she's gone!!

I did not agree with Mr. Brucelee, but this is his Board, and I respect his choice.

KRZTACO 03-03-2006 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmussatti
Remeber the long running "sticky" thread titled "How Fast Have You Gone In Your Boxster"? Well....she's gone!!

I did not agree with Mr. Brucelee, but this is his Board, and I respect his choice.

Here's the post:

http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163&page=7&pp=20&highlight=How+fa st+have

Some people have gone really fast.

KRZ

ephidaboost 03-03-2006 05:58 PM

I really didn't see that coming.... A ban on posting about high speeds in a Porche forum.. Oh well..

Brucelee 03-03-2006 06:40 PM

It is a personal thing. If this type of driving happens on the track, well that is totally fine.

But on the street, I think this is yet another issue indeed.

Thanks for understanding.

:)

rufio 03-04-2006 10:50 PM

I can empathize with the feeling. Those who own a porsche surely have an insatiable taste for speeds and thrills or else we all wouldnt be here.

In fact, i am sure alot of drivers here have more than enough experience to know what they are doing in their car ....

But personally, it would be all good if we could limit our egos in a safe driving environment and be responsible drivers before we regret.

Just a piece of my thought

Brucelee 03-05-2006 06:19 AM

"But personally, it would be all good if we could limit our egos in a safe driving environment and be responsible drivers before we regret."

Well said!

Porschekid 03-06-2006 04:47 AM

Why is your speed on the left side and not the center?

ephidaboost 03-06-2006 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porschekid
Why is your speed on the left side and not the center?

All 01 2.7's are like that

spgribben007 03-06-2006 10:12 AM

quote:
ephidaboost, a few months ago, these types of posts were eliminated due to stong feelings about legal driving speeds and sensitivities to forum members that have lost friends and loved ones to accidents.

I really don't get it.

Each one of us has a true sports car where we are constantly talking about how to increase performance, what kind of radar detector to buy, how to push our "Porsches" quicker from a red light and even many stories of how we have beaten or tried to beat other sport cars. I think a typical person who owns a Porsche respects the car limits and takes it in consideration when driving. I'm personally not a driver who will put any other person including myself in harms way but I do own a radar detector and on a open highway I will have some excitement. There are certain topics that I don't have any interest in reading, so I don't.

I'm sorry for anyone who has had love ones injured or kill in car incidents (I've lost two friends) but don't censor sports car related topics. I really enjoy this forum and I will continue to read the posts. Since this forum likes polls, maybe we should open this to everyone. Just a thought...

evo 03-21-2006 04:42 AM

Life's a risk! Live (read drive) hard! Dispense with the emotional ties to speed and lost loved ones. Blather!

Have the Euro's less regard for man as they in normal course pilot past unmarked testiments to risk @ Mach .23?

Respect the car and our fellow travelers, but when you can (read appropriate), crank it out and take a pic and share! He|| YEAH!

E.