986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Show and Tell Gallery (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/)
-   -   My first Boxster! (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/50157-my-first-boxster.html)

JustEnjoyIt 01-04-2014 03:45 PM

My first Boxster!

Finally bought a nice used 2001 Boxster S in Seal Gray. I shall call him Gandalf. It's about to go into full blizzard mode here in Cincinnati, so I'll post my pics when I can, but it's nothing special or unique to Boxster lovers, but I love it.

I'm trying to replace the S logo but I'm not sure what "color" it is. It doesn't look black, silver (titanium) or chrome, so...?

This forum helped me to find the one I could live with and buy right, so thank you all!

http://986forum.com/forums/uploads01...1388882668.jpg

Porsche9 01-04-2014 04:09 PM

Welcome to the forum. I got mine a few months ago and been having a great time with it. Come on down to Phoenix for some top down driving. It going to be 70 for the next couple if days.

JustEnjoyIt 01-11-2014 03:03 PM

I wish it was seventy here. Drove it today and there nothing to not like about the car. Does no one know what the "color" of the emblem in the pic is? I ordered "silver" from some OEM site and it is not the color of the emblem on my car (stuck it on anyway, sort of highlights the S).

My only regret is it is in such nice condition. Almost mint in every way. I want a car with high miles, a few scratches, wear on the seats and carpets so I can not worry about rain, cold, dings, etc.

NineEreven 02-11-2014 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustEnjoyIt (Post 380536)
I wish it was seventy here. Drove it today and there nothing to not like about the car. Does no one know what the "color" of the emblem in the pic is? I ordered "silver" from some OEM site and it is not the color of the emblem on my car (stuck it on anyway, sort of highlights the S).

My only regret is it is in such nice condition. Almost mint in every way. I want a car with high miles, a few scratches, wear on the seats and carpets so I can not worry about rain, cold, dings, etc.

Looks great! What part of Cincinnati are you from? We should meet up for a cars and coffee once they start going again.

I live in Newport, KY but grew up in West Chester.

chrismmm 02-11-2014 06:29 PM

NKY and Cincy areas

Quote:

Originally Posted by NineEreven (Post 386022)
Looks great! What part of Cincinnati are you from? We should meet up for a cars and coffee once they start going again.

I live in Newport, KY but grew up in West Chester.

grew up in the florence area and now live in Atlanta. Good to hear that there are some good people and p-car owners in the old hometown area.

chrismmm 02-11-2014 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustEnjoyIt (Post 379590)
Finally bought a nice used 2001 Boxster S in Seal Gray. I shall call him Gandalf. It's about to go into full blizzard mode here in Cincinnati, so I'll post my pics when I can, but it's nothing special or unique to Boxster lovers, but I love it.

I'm trying to replace the S logo but I'm not sure what "color" it is. It doesn't look black, silver (titanium) or chrome, so...?

This forum helped me to find the one I could live with and buy right, so thank you all!

http://986forum.com/forums/uploads01...1388882668.jpg

welcome new boxster owner. the color of that badge looks titanium to me. Look on suncoast parts for replacement. another option is to buy both the boxster and S emblem in whatever color you want, as long as they match. i replaced my original with chrome and like the look. but hey to each his own preferences my friend.

gregdacat 02-13-2014 01:24 PM

NineErven, you live in Newport? I live in Newport. On the west side, Hodge St. Click on the link to my Avatar. You may recognize the location as the Levee.

986_c6 02-15-2014 01:28 AM

Welcome to the Boxster brotherhood and Seal Grey is the best!

jsceash 02-15-2014 07:13 AM

It is possible to just enjoy it. Welcome to the forum.

amagalla 02-19-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustEnjoyIt (Post 380536)
Does no one know what the "color" of the emblem in the pic is?

The emblem color is called Titanium. You can find it at suncoast.

Tony

Parker986 02-20-2014 02:13 AM

Welcome fellow Cincinnatian!

I picked up my first 986 last Sept., have only driven it a handful of times, once to get new wheels & tires installed, once to get the IMS Bearing replaced along with the clutch and a bunch of other stuff, and a couple times to work. The rest of the time it has been in the garage with a trickle charger waiting for all this darn snow & ice to leave.

Seal Grey is beautiful. Enjoy!

FLAT64EVER 03-29-2014 12:48 PM

Welcome to the SG club!