986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Show and Tell Gallery (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/)
-   -   Boxster S and One of Our Cousins (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/4439-boxster-s-one-our-cousins.html)

jcbx 12-05-2005 09:54 PM

Boxster S and One of Our Cousins

Hello all,

Was finally able to resize the pics my friend's and I took last month of our cars...'03 Boxster S and '06 STI...just wanted to share some pics. I hope you like 'em!!!

Brucelee 12-06-2005 06:09 AM

Pretty pretty car.

Nice location for the pictures also.

bmussatti 12-06-2005 07:02 AM

Great car! Nice color combo. Great setting for the photo shot.

I never get tired of looking at pictures of the Boxster.

Perfectlap 12-06-2005 01:27 PM

I dont think there has been another car that I loved driving but hated the way it looks like the STI. That exhaust is wicked sounding.

AUDIOGUY 12-06-2005 02:18 PM

Great pix. What part of NJ are you in... that area looks kind of familar. I am in Southern NJ... Marlton.

Kindly,
Joe
01s
Triple Black..

by the way love the red interior!

Rail26 12-06-2005 07:08 PM

Like the colors...not a big fan of the Poop-a-ru though.

TriGem2k 12-07-2005 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rail26
Like the colors...not a big fan of the Poop-a-ru though.

Im not a big fan of the subaru either but i gotta say theres probably not a boxster on this forum that can outrun that thing. I drove a 2005 STI and ill tell ya that thing FLYS.

~James

bmussatti 12-07-2005 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriGem2k
Im not a big fan of the subaru either but i gotta say theres probably not a boxster on this forum that can outrun that thing. I drove a 2005 STI and ill tell ya that thing FLYS.

~James

How do you define "outrun"? 0-60? At a red light? Put a turn or 2 in there and the Boxster will change things up a bit.

9000RPMan 12-07-2005 06:20 PM

I had a 2005 STi before I bought my Boxster. Yes, it was hellishly quick, but believe it it not, it also could handle. I think it would give a Boxster a handful even in the twisties. Oh audioguy, hey neighbor! Camden County here.

jcbx 12-07-2005 08:29 PM

I'm from North NJ Essex County! We took those pics at a park right next to Ray Catena Service Center. I just had my car serviced there and it was a beautiful day so my friends and I decided to do a photoshoot!!! Hehe...The pics came our really nice. Also, since the leaves were changing colors for the fall, it actually kinda matched with my interior color! Got lucky there.

When I was in the market for a car back in 2004, the STI is actually one of my choices...When I test drove it...that thing screamed, flew, and handled like a monster!!! It actually scared me how fast that thing went. My other choices were the RX-8, S2000, G35 Coupe, 350Z, and EVO VIII. I test drove all of them except the S2000. I ended up with a fully loaded G35 since it had the best luxury and power I wanted. I went for lux instead of hp. I loved that thing so much.....but then this year.....I decided I wanted a pure sports car convertible...so I ended up with my Boxster S....I thought I made a bad decision trading in my G35.....but I love my Boxster even if it didn't have as much luxury as my G....it's a REAL sports car...rather than a Sporty Lux Coupe. It's a LOT more FUN to DRIVE!!! LOVE IT!!! :D

TriGem2k 12-12-2005 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmussatti
How do you define "outrun"? 0-60? At a red light? Put a turn or 2 in there and the Boxster will change things up a bit.

The STI will take it in all aspects on pretty much any course....The handling on both are great and even if the box can slightly out handle it, the 300hp 300lbs torque will sure to leave the box behind even in the twistys.

Not hating on the Boxster (own a 2001) and would never buy a subaru but ya you have to give the STI credit.....its a monster

mtch 02-13-2006 03:33 PM

not only is the STi a beast, it's very easy to modify. i have a co-worker who has dynoed his Sti at 375 whp on an all wheel dyno, and he said that he has spend less that $2K. that would be impossible with our cars.

Slayer 02-22-2006 04:04 PM

lol yeah that rear wing is disgusting

beautiful boxster though :)

lexuspilot 02-22-2006 07:01 PM

I like the STI's that have swapped trunk lids with wrx. Small spoiler big HP, good combo.

lexuspilot 02-22-2006 07:07 PM

I love the setting for those color cars....any more pics of the STI.

The spoiler doesn't bother me, it would if it was on a 73hp civic(which is most often the case)

blinkwatt 02-23-2006 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtch
not only is the STi a beast, it's very easy to modify. i have a co-worker who has dynoed his Sti at 375 whp on an all wheel dyno, and he said that he has spend less that $2K. that would be impossible with our cars.

Aren't STIs turbocharged? Any turbo is easy to extract more HP out of. Look at any remapping product for a 996 TT.