Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Cars & Coffee Charlotte - June 2011

This time there were a grand total of three Boxsters present including mine! Last month mine was the only one and I wasn't able to park in one of the main lots due to arriving too late.

Also met WhipE350 for the first time, great guy, with a beautiful Guards Red Boxster S! He's posted pics of it before but they don't do it justice. He's put a lot of work in the car in general and especially the paint, and it shows.

There were as many cars present as last month if not more. I'm only posting Porsches this time and tried to get cars that weren't present last month.

Thanks,

ddb

ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Boxsters

Old 06-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
More

Old 06-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Final Group

Old 06-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
ddb,

Great pics! Was nice to meet you, wish I could have has stayed longer, golf was good but I didn't win one skin!

Now I finally have some good pics of my car! Appreciate it. Like your product, I might have to get some red ones...guards red right.

Good to see another box showed up...maybe we can get more to come, park em all together.

So I think I'm stuck on getting some headers and exhaust...your car sounded awesome...think you sold me...is there any drone?

So these two below were awesome cars...wish I could have talked to the guy with the older one, see what mods were done on it.

Send me info about that big boxster gathering...would be curious.
Attached Images

WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Whip,

Great meeting you as well.

Sorry you didn't win any skins. You'll get 'em next time!

I'll try to get another buddy with a 986 to come out next month.

Thanks for the exhaust compliment. There is virtually no drone from the system. I've read that all of the aftermarket systems have some drone, but there is nothing annoying at all about my setup. I warn folks interested in the same system that it may be too quiet depending on what you are looking for. Also don't discount the noise benefit from removing the snorkel. You can replace it if you don't like it. It gives a nice audible boost that I really enjoyed right off idle.

Here a link to the BRBS: http://www.brbs.org/

It ends tomorrow so we hopefully will see pictures and stories soon from those that attended. It is an annual gathering so there is always next year!

Yes sir, that 997 and 993 are amazing!
Old 06-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #7
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
That Blue Ridge Porsche event looks like fun. I'll probably go to http://www.cr-pca.org/NewsDates/Article.aspx?id=20110331_InDenBergen.htm again this year. I'm not a member yet but either way there were a lot of nice cars, cool weather, and golf.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:44 AM   #8
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Whip,

Some isolated pics of your car (to the best of my limited ability).

ddb

Old 06-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #9
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Thanks! Wish it looked that good tonight under the gas station rude lights! I ordered the silver P O R S C H E lettering, was removing the Boxster S and was trying to find what chemical folks use to get the sticky black backing off the trunk. I plan on doing a medium compound to get it looking perfect before adding the new lettering, but first gotta remove the old stuff. Headed to 'search'.