986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Show and Tell Gallery (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/)
-   -   like to see what everyone thinks (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/29140-like-see-what-everyone-thinks.html)

tattoo-1 06-03-2011 10:58 AM

like to see what everyone thinks

2 Attachment(s)
i was going to do a 997 conversion with mostly boxster parts,, just car car out the spray booth and starting to put it back together,, wasnt going to add any pics until finished but like some thoughts as looks different
997 turbo bumper and lights
986 wings, was un pinned stretched, rolled and 1 inch flatten on top for width,
986 bonett was cut 3/4 inch shorter and corners rounded to fit bumper
986 wings were indicators use to fit had moulds made to infill to fit new lights
side skirts are off a fto cut to fit and moulded,
rear arches removed and 964 rear wings fitted in place,
19 x 8 j front 10 x 19 rear, hubcentric spacers - adaptors

plenty more to go now,,,

how do i upload pics please

ddb 06-03-2011 01:36 PM

Looks great tattoo-1!

What white is that?

tattoo-1 06-03-2011 01:38 PM

colour

cheers wasnt sure what people would think,,, its mini cooper pepper white

Jager 06-03-2011 07:02 PM

I know it's a work in progress but four different wheels??
The body looks great!!

tattoo-1 06-03-2011 10:39 PM

Lol i no,, wheels grills and light hopefully be done sunday,,will update pics when done

Christian H 06-04-2011 12:25 PM

Looking good fella !

How far on is it now?

tattoo-1 06-04-2011 12:36 PM

Hi thanks,, only pulled it out the spray booth tuesday and been at work all week so it is as you see it now,, but hopefully due to weather on sunday will start putting it back together,,
The rear spoiler is from a subaru, been cut and moulded,,
The wheels are off a skyline, hubcentric spacers adapters,,
Will hopefully get more pics up next week,,
If all goes ok come winter it will be having a audi v8 conversion

Christian H 06-05-2011 11:30 AM

You have already done an amazing amount of work and by the looks of it to a very high standard!
I think your plans for the Audi V8 engine conversion will attract a lot of haters on this forum, but I would be very interested in your progress.
But please take lots of pictures!

tattoo-1 06-06-2011 10:06 AM

cheers

3 Attachment(s)
yer i will do,, gona get some use through the summer first, lol,, me mate doesnt think it will be that much of a problem,, i should upload all the pics of the car going through the body build ,, lol but there not good lol,,, will post more when finish all the detailed bits,,,

just thought id add some pics of the v8 conversion thats already being down by quan717,

tattoo-1 06-13-2011 12:19 PM

slowly getting there ,,, work and weather holding things up

3 Attachment(s)
still a few things to sort, front side lights and fogs, rear wheels need painting, roll bars etc.... weather and work slowing things down

fstrd1 06-13-2011 02:06 PM

Very impressive, can't wait to see the final outcome

Christian H 06-20-2011 12:18 PM

Exhaust looks pretty good have you got any info on how you did it ?

tattoo-1 06-24-2011 11:27 AM

Exhaust build

Hi,, i totally removed the boxster box to the cats,,, i bought 2 stainless steel racing exhausts off ebay for £40 that was off a 3.0 mk1 capri, there about 8inches in diameter and 24 inches in length,, i spun them roundso inlet and outlet was opposite ends, sat one on top of the other and had them welded together,, mounted them back up on the boxster bracket.. One inlet goes in on bottom pipe from one side and other inlet goes in on top,, vica verca for outlets,, pipe work was made out of flexi pipe to get shape then parts bought off ebay to make them,, about 2 hours labour and 85 pound in bits,, not to happy with tail pipes at the minute , keep searching ebay for 997 ones but silly money.. Hope this helps,,

Christian H 07-02-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tattoo-1
Hi,, i totally removed the boxster box to the cats,,, i bought 2 stainless steel racing exhausts off ebay for £40 that was off a 3.0 mk1 capri, there about 8inches in diameter and 24 inches in length,, i spun them roundso inlet and outlet was opposite ends, sat one on top of the other and had them welded together,, mounted them back up on the boxster bracket.. One inlet goes in on bottom pipe from one side and other inlet goes in on top,, vica verca for outlets,, pipe work was made out of flexi pipe to get shape then parts bought off ebay to make them,, about 2 hours labour and 85 pound in bits,, not to happy with tail pipes at the minute , keep searching ebay for 997 ones but silly money.. Hope this helps,,

It's a shame all that hard work can't be seen!

I bet it sounds pretty nice too.

tattoo-1 07-03-2011 12:28 PM

driving

4 Attachment(s)
ive had it out on the road the last few days, quite surprised it flew through the mot even thou its been ripped to pieces in the last few months,,, really happy with the exhaust, and very surprised how much more responsive it is, acceleration is a lot faster, also sounds lovely under load and very quite ticking over and cruising, still not quite finished yet waiting on front led inicators and tail pipes but heres a couple of pics so far

ddb 07-03-2011 02:29 PM

Looking good, tattoo-1. I know that is a lot of hard work. Post some more pics when you get the last bits installed.

RandallNeighbour 07-03-2011 05:20 PM

Tell us more about the motor. Did you put that V8 in this boxster? If so, what brand?

tattoo-1 07-05-2011 11:40 AM

hi

no this is still running the standard 2.5 boxster engine at the moment, apart from the twin exhausts, come winter i be be fitting the 4,2 audi lump, if all goes ok,,

mrmiatanut 07-12-2011 12:39 PM

Rumor has it that there is a V8 Boxster running around Mississippi.......

RandallNeighbour 07-12-2011 01:25 PM

I am keenly interested in visting with this V8 boxster owner.

How do we hunt him down?