Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #21
Fred Demara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordblood
Dear god, I thought on this forum people would stop hating on others because of their wealth. How would you feel if your Boxster got keyed because of a hater? .
I feel a little sorry for the op. If his greatest investment is a car that will lose 40% of it's value in 4 years, he's a little misguided.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:40 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Demara
I feel a little sorry for the op. If his greatest investment is a car that will lose 40% of it's value in 4 years, he's a little misguided.
I agree. Cars are not investments. They are tools to be used to travel from one point to another. And they can be replaced quite easily. There are places that sell cars every day. You don't even need money... all you have to do is sign your name... alot.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:09 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Demara
Why do you feel the need to post a response like this?

To show the world the op choose the wrong words to express his satisfaction with his purchase?

Demonstrate how you have a real understanding/handle on investments? BTW I am pretty sure if someone made this same comment about ANY of the 70's muscle cars people would have had the same opinion but those seem to be pretty good investments looking back now.

As someone else pointed out dont we already get enough flak from all the other porsche haters out there or do we need to criticize here too.

Kinda sad really.
gRed04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:58 AM   #24

Trying to stop

I feel sorry for the guy too, and he is young - so I retract comment about how quick I would be fired for designing something like that house. Not proud of that comment.

(gred04 if you genuinely want to know what is wrong with that house I could give you a point by point list of reasons and I presume drem914 could come up a long list of similar reasons.)

I have no problem with people who have a ton of wealth. In fact I like 'em and need them to stay in business. This guy would have gotten no flak at all if he had just stopped with his first sentence - "My best investment yet".

He brought the flak on with his next sentence, which he might even have gotten away with if he had not tossed in that last word - "enjoy". Call me crazy but to me that came across as smug and gloating and classless.

That sort of attitude is probably a big reason there are porsche haters out there.... and if we all had that attitude then I would not blame people for keying a porsche. So if one guy learns to dial down the smugness a little then perhaps my chance of getting keyed will be less if I am ever in his neighborhood.
Petermcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:03 PM   #25

This thread is full of lessons.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #26
Fred Demara

very few cars, far, far less than 1% (yes, even including the great muscle cars of the 60's and 70's) ever become a good investment.

There's a lot of humor in this...a guy posting about his great investment (a BMW) on a Porsche board. Everyone needs to lighten up a little - it's okay to have a good chuckle from a silly post. if the guy is a billionaire, it's make this thread even more funny.

Please don't hate on me for seeing the humor in this, gRed04, lets just stop the hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by gRed04
Why do you feel the need to post a response like this?

To show the world the op choose the wrong words to express his satisfaction with his purchase?

Demonstrate how you have a real understanding/handle on investments? BTW I am pretty sure if someone made this same comment about ANY of the 70's muscle cars people would have had the same opinion but those seem to be pretty good investments looking back now.

As someone else pointed out dont we already get enough flak from all the other porsche haters out there or do we need to criticize here too.

Kinda sad really.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:14 PM   #27

I could care less about the house (it's just window dressing) and I love my Boxster, but his BMW is fantastic. How many of us on this board drive something other than our Boxster on a daily basis? I know my A4 is nothing special, but it kicks the crap out of the Boxster as far as car seat room goes......
2012 Tunda - Dad Hauler
Fat Tire - Favorite Beer
2TrunkSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:41 PM   #28

wow

Sweet house, I'd be happy with any car with that house...
well, maybe
;D