Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #1

Talking Another New Member

I am very new to Porsche and in November 2008 I bought my first Boxster after my last spill on my motorcycle (2005 Suzuki GSXR 750). I started with a Silver 1997 Boxster 5spd and on Friday night I flew to San Francisco to buy a Black 2000 S Tip with Tan interior. I have black powder coated BBS RD Sport 18's and Im waiting for my Pilot's to get here on wednesday. Ill post pics when it's done. The way these cars corner in turn reminds me of riding Motorcycles. But I wanted the speed in straight lines too so I had to get the S.
Today I will take the Dansk exhaust (sausage type) off the 97 and compare it to the S exhaust and see if it will fit. And like everyone else said about the Dansk exhaust, there is a drone at 2700 rpm but it goes away. I will do more searches and consider the cold air intake. Maybe the Advance flow Intake. Now I gotta open a Corona and grab the toolbox and get ready for the fun stuff.

jace313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:20 PM   #2

Welcome aboard. Remember 8 hours from bottle to throttle.
I do use the "cold ones" to help with the pain from smashing knuckles and hitting my head on the inside of the wheel wells.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:33 AM   #3

Welcome.

PCA since 1970
70Sixter is offline   Reply With Quote