Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 05:38 AM   #1

Garage
UK Boxster pictures

I have been using the forum for a few months now,but as most of you guys are in the States I feel a bit out on a limb over here! anyway thought it was about time to post some pictures.Yesterday was a cold but dry and bright day so we went for a drive onto the local moorlands the roads are pretty tight and twisted but on the whole deserted this time of year,perfect for the Boxster, managed to blow a few cobwebs away! (I do realise the colour is not everyones cup of tea but I like it !)Wheels,windscreen surround and mirrors all to be painted black some time this year!

Christian H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:59 AM   #2

Rear

Hey Christian,

Nice clean Boxster. BTW, I think your rims painted black would be pretty cool looking cos it would flow with the side decal you have. Is the Porsche logo on the rear deck lid a flat decal or similar to the raised lettering for the original Boxster logo.

Trieu
trieullionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:07 AM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trieullionaire
Hey Christian,

Nice clean Boxster. BTW, I think your rims painted black would be pretty cool looking cos it would flow with the side decal you have. Is the Porsche logo on the rear deck lid a flat decal or similar to the raised lettering for the original Boxster logo.

Trieu
Thanks Trieu,the Porsche logo on the deck lid is a decal,the only raised ones I found had pins that located in holes in the lid,I did not fancy drilling holes in it so I had a plain black Porsche logo made the same size as the Boxster script at the same time as the side decals,but I also like the "986"badges so the decal will easily come off if required!
I just can't leave it alone
Old 02-01-2009, 08:08 AM   #4

Hi Christian

Another UK (Jersey) boxster owner here....

No sign of any snow where you are yet then?
Chippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:49 AM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy
Hi Christian

Another UK (Jersey) boxster owner here....

No sign of any snow where you are yet then?
Hi Chippy,

Funny you should ask, it started snowing this morning and looks like its here for a few days,..............you do realise Chippy we are now the stereotype "Brits" talking about the weather!Hows things down there?
Old 02-01-2009, 09:15 AM   #6

Interesting color. Is that an aftermarket paint job, or is that factory? And man do I like those euro rear bumpers. I wonder if we can get those in the States?
shaman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian H
Hi Chippy,

Funny you should ask, it started snowing this morning and looks like its here for a few days,..............you do realise Chippy we are now the stereotype "Brits" talking about the weather!Hows things down there?
haha, yeah I guess so!

So far so good, although it's forcast for tonight!! Cant remember the last time we have a decent covering.
Chippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:41 PM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaman1204
Interesting color. Is that an aftermarket paint job, or is that factory? And man do I like those euro rear bumpers. I wonder if we can get those in the States?
Hi Shaman,
Very diplomatic! The colour was a factory special order as were the painted wheels,roll bar and centre console,I am currently painting various other interior trim parts too as and when I have time.
I assumed once your US spec bumperettes were removed all the rear bumpers were the same are they not?
Old 02-01-2009, 01:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian H
Hi Shaman,
Very diplomatic! The colour was a factory special order as were the painted wheels,roll bar and centre console,I am currently painting various other interior trim parts too as and when I have time.
I assumed once your US spec bumperettes were removed all the rear bumpers were the same are they not?
After looking at mine I guess you're right. Yours just looks better with your UK style license plate, they fit nicely in the opening.
shaman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:54 PM   #10

WOW, that makes 3 brits on the forum!!! welcome!!!

I love the colour, my dream car is the 964rs in mint green ( i think there are only 3 out there!!)

And yep...the snow is rubbish!!! My car wont make it out of the garage for another couple of months.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #11

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2BOX
WOW, that makes 3 brits on the forum!!! welcome!!!

I love the colour, my dream car is the 964rs in mint green ( i think there are only 3 out there!!)

And yep...the snow is rubbish!!! My car wont make it out of the garage for another couple of months.

Hi Y2BOX,thanks for the welcome!

I can't believe more people from the UK don't use this site, I don't know how I managed before! It has become my Boxster bible.
I too love the 964rs in mint green and have seen 2 of the 3 you mention at Porsche events.(they are getting very pricey though,even in this economic climate)
Old 02-14-2009, 07:02 AM   #12

Garage
new interior additions.

I was speaking to a guy recently who told me he had sold his Boxster the previous year but still had some bits and pieces cluttering up his garage, and would I be interested in buying them,the parts in question the alluminium handbrake and gear knob were both in excellent condition so a very reasonable deal was stuck,
and the very next day they were fitted (with a little help from previous posts on here)a couple of before during and after shots.

Sorry for the picture quality,crap camara phone,poor light..........etc.

Last edited by Christian H; 05-16-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:18 PM   #13

LEDs

I see you have the LEDs for the gauges. I gave up on it. I got the analog to turn blue but the digital display was very finicky. I was only able to get one to work, the other two absolutely refused to glow for me. So I had to change it back to the original orange for the digital displays.

Great job on the interior by the way. I like the hand brake, nice touch!
trieullionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #14

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trieullionaire
I see you have the LEDs for the gauges. I gave up on it. I got the analog to turn blue but the digital display was very finicky. I was only able to get one to work, the other two absolutely refused to glow for me. So I had to change it back to the original orange for the digital displays.

Great job on the interior by the way. I like the hand brake, nice touch!
Thanks Trieu,
I fitted the neons a couple of months ago,when I bought them the guy in the shop told me if they did not work turn them 180 degrees as neons require the current to pass a certain way,could this have been your problem? I had to spin a couple of mine around before they would light up.

I recently painted the dial trims in body colour too!
Old 02-17-2009, 11:22 AM   #15

I'm glad your car isn't everyone's cup of tea. What a dull world it would be if we all drove black 'n tans!

I saw you recently on BoXa.net? I've been brushing up on my English English there lately, but sometimes my American English get in the way.
PCA since 1970
70Sixter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 12:00 PM   #16

Garage
I'm back!

Hello Gents!

I've been away for a few years (3 to be honest) and the Box has been sat in the garage with minimal use, but this Summer it came out and had a full service, brake

overhaul and new tires all round and we set off to the "Ring" the car ran faultlessly and I fell in love with it all over again.

We've booked to go back next year too so the Box is going to get a bit more attention and some mild tweak's.
If there are still any of the guy's I used to chat with on here drop me a line

Last edited by Christian H; 12-12-2016 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:55 PM   #17

Garage
Old 12-13-2016, 12:53 PM   #18
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Still looks great. Welcome back!

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 01:03 PM   #19

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy View Post
Still looks great. Welcome back!
Thanks Boxtaboy I've got a lot of threads to work my way through!
Old 12-13-2016, 01:31 PM   #20
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian H View Post
Thanks Boxtaboy I've got a lot of threads to work my way through!
Haha, yes you do. I had taken a break from this site for a while too, but made it back after deciding to spend more time back with my Box. Have fun catching up.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote