986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Show and Tell Gallery (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/)
-   -   Lil Bastard's Car in Paris! (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/17470-lil-bastards-car-paris.html)

RandallNeighbour 07-09-2008 07:15 AM

Lil Bastard's Car in Paris!

A friend saw this car in Paris and thought I'd enjoy pics of it... he didn't know we had a forum member with a similar screen name.

Anyone know what this car is worth?

Ofishbein 07-09-2008 10:33 AM

It seems like anyone with a 550 (real or replica) these days has a James Dean fixation. I don't get it.

Dr. Kill 07-09-2008 12:40 PM

Nice looking car. Thanks for posting.

porscheracer01 07-10-2008 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ofishbein
It seems like anyone with a 550 (real or replica) these days has a James Dean fixation. I don't get it.

50 years of hollywood drama written all over the 550 spyder..

Quickurt 07-10-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porscheracer01
50 years of hollywood drama written all over the 550 spyder..

I've always been more impressed by the guys who could drive one.

Brucelee 07-10-2008 05:39 PM

That is a stunner. How many originals left?

:)

Stunin_Stud 07-10-2008 10:12 PM

I have seen alot of 550 replicas but this is a slighly different version. they changed it up a bit giving it a hot rod flare, maybe thats why a lil bastard.

anyways 550 spyder replicas that look better than this go for $20-$30K new

Lil bastard 07-11-2008 06:11 AM

That's not a particulary good replica... the rear end is all wrong.

The Becks are rated the best by far, in fact they're better cars than the originals - chassis, brakes, engine, handling, faster.

http://www.beckspeedster.com/

porscheracer01 07-11-2008 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil bastard
That's not a particulary good replica... the rear end is all wrong.

The Becks are rated the best by far, in fact they're better cars than the originals - chassis, brakes, engine, handling, faster.

http://www.beckspeedster.com/

becks cost 20-30k, the original P 550 spyders cost millions.. Why get a Beck when you can buy a nice 986 Boxster S...

Buying a beck is like buying a fake rolex!? posuer..

blue2000s 07-11-2008 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porscheracer01
becks cost 20-30k, the original P 550 spyders cost millions.. Why get a Beck when you can buy a nice 986 Boxster S...

Buying a beck is like buying a fake rolex!? posuer..

I completely disagree and I think you're totally missing the point of the car. There is no car you can buy from a factory that will be close to as much fun as a 1500-1600 pound Beck, spyder or speedster, including an Elise. You can't compare a Boxster to this car (as Porsche likes to do), it's a Cadillac by comparison. If you're looking for a real sports car experience at a reasonable price, these cars are possibly the best way to go.

Brucelee 07-11-2008 08:43 AM

http://www.beckspeedster.com/ourproducts/550spyder.html

This looks pretty cool to me.

Brucelee 07-11-2008 08:46 AM

Pretty cheap for a shade tree mechanic to complete

Special Edition, Inc.
Yesterday’s Classics Made for Today
Deluxe Pre-Assembled Body Package
Starting at $18,995

F.O.B. Bremen, Indiana
What is it?

The “DELUXE PRE-ASSEMBLED BODY PACKAGE” program provides the specialty automotive
enthusiast with a quality product, in a complete and comprehensive package. This alternative affords a
savings over the “Roller” or “Turn Key” versions by allowing you, the customer, to supply a portion of the
parts and labor relating to the final assembly procedure, yet does not demand an inordinate amount of
specialized skills or professional assistance such as painting, wiring, and upholstery.
This package includes ALL of the following:
o The complete hand-laid fiberglass body, painted with Sikkens base coat/ clear coat to automotive
standards. The doors, front hood with support rod, and rear deck lid with support rod are hinged,
latched, weather stripped and fully adjusted.
o The body comes pre-mounted to a 3” tubular steel frame that is an integral part of the body/chassis
system. It includes a fully adjustable front axle beam with torsion bars installed and rear
suspension components complete to the spring plate assemblies. Tubular steel is an extremely
strong method of construction and gives the Spyder 550/550 S excellent torsional rigidity resulting
in crisp handling, consistent door gap, and superior fit and finish.
o The self-parking, 2-speed windshield wiper system is completely installed and wired.
o All of wiring is completely installed. This includes the 3-gage cluster, all switches, relays, engine
harness, lighting and a complete fuse panel. The steering column with turn signal, emergency
flasher and wiper switch is installed.
o The removable convertible top and steel scissor mechanism is completely assembled and
operational.
o All latches, hinges, and release cables are installed and fully adjusted.
o Full leather interior is completely installed including adjustable bucket seats, leather wrapped
steering wheel, shifter and emergency brake boots.
o The interior is completely carpeted. A set of Spyder 550 floor mats is also included.
o The accelerator, emergency brake, clutch, and speedometer cables are installed. The cable shift
mechanism is complete and pre-installed.
o The fuel tank, aluminum “Quick fill” gas cap, and fuel lines are installed.
o Pedals, dual circuit master cylinder, reservoir, and all brake lines are all installed.
The “DELUXE PRE-ASSEMBLED BODY PACKAGE” is extremely complete. The builder need only
supply the engine of his choosing, a transaxle, brakes, wheels, tires, lights, fluids and some hardware (most
items available in the optional packages), some basic mechanical ability and approximately 25 to 30 hours
of assembly time.
Prices are subject to change without notice. A $5,000.00 deposit must accompany all orders. Please call
for availability.
Special

Quickurt 07-11-2008 12:21 PM

A friend here in Jacksonville built a 550 using state of the art bonded/riveted aluminum over square tube chassis with full double wishbone suspension (copied geometry from Van Dieman FF) Hewland MK9 gearbox with inboard rear brakes (more FF stuff) and twin Webber 2.0 type 4 engine. Finished it off with custom made adapters that looked like the original Porsche drum brakes and 356 wheels.
GEEEEORGEOUS!
I saw it one time.
I must ask Tom if he's been around or if the Navy moved him off to never land.
He was a GS at NAS Jax.

yellowboxster01 07-11-2008 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue2000s
I completely disagree and I think you're totally missing the point of the car. There is no car you can buy from a factory that will be close to as much fun as a 1500-1600 pound Beck, spyder or speedster, including an Elise. You can't compare a Boxster to this car (as Porsche likes to do), it's a Cadillac by comparison. If you're looking for a real sports car experience at a reasonable price, these cars are possibly the best way to go.

Though I do agree the Beck Spyder is awesome and would be a boatload of fun. Aeriel Atom would be just as much fun if not more.

Brucelee 07-11-2008 06:34 PM

I have always loved the Speedsters. I think I will create one someday.

Great for SOCAL cruisin.

:D