986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Show and Tell Gallery (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/)
-   -   Box and Cop Image (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/16337-box-cop-image.html)

tboyer 04-15-2008 06:15 PM

Box and Cop Image

My wife has expressed that I'll lose my car for a week if this happens to me :D

http://www.boxsterblog.com/bloggers/...BoxCop3_sm.jpg

gmboxster 04-15-2008 07:39 PM

Hehe nice photo !

Grizzly 04-16-2008 06:35 AM

Montgomery County P.D.! Woo Hoo!

70Sixter 04-16-2008 08:15 AM

I'm sure the nice policeman just wanted to know why the top was up on such a beautiful day.

And maybe he asked if those were genuine Carrera Lights or knockoffs.

Gary in BR 04-16-2008 09:15 AM

Good picture!!

Did you give him the Porsche Flash??

dcporsche99 04-16-2008 09:17 AM

I wonder if he's a forum member?? :rolleyes:

tboyer 04-16-2008 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary in BR
Good picture!!

Did you give him the Porsche Flash??

Dumb question, what's a "Porsche Flash"?

KY Boxster 04-16-2008 06:18 PM

The cop looks so relaxed on his car that I'm sure he was just asking where he could pick himself up such a nice ride!

xadrenaline 04-16-2008 09:47 PM

There I was, driving North on I-5 North of Ashland Oregon with my wife on Father day a few years back. I passed a wolf pack of cars.. at a slow 115mph and had just slowed down to a cool 75mph (Or highway limit is like 65), when I looked in my rear view and saw a stater coming up from behind...
I pulled over and the office walked up and I exclaimed "Uh.. Happy Father day". He asked the usual.. ya know how fast and I shrugged. He said "I got you at 87mph.. I smirked, 'cause that was better than 115 ticket!!
He stepped back, looked at my car and said "nice car". I thought for sure this guy was gonna bust my balls for driving a Porsche.. He then asks the year and miles... then he exclaims "I have a 2004 S"... As soon as those words came out, I knew I wasn't getting a ticket! We talked about our cars for about a half hour and he said have a nice drive... never even ran my license.
That was the nicest stater I have ever met... Oh, I'm an ex-police officer too!!!

If he is on here... Peace bro... :o

X

LoveBunny 04-17-2008 12:53 PM

I got pulled over the other day for making a very illegal turn in the middle of an intersection. In my defense, I was really lost, aggravated, frustrated, and there was no street sign indicating what street I was on and the road was all torn up. Anyway, I just got cussed out by a very mean woman, but not a ticket. It's the first time I've ever been pulled over and not gotten a ticket.

Gary in BR 04-17-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tboyer
Dumb question, what's a "Porsche Flash"?

Flashing your headlights at other Porsches on the road.

http://www.s8m.net/s8m_news/site_news/save-the-flash-2007082993/

wild1poet2 04-17-2008 02:58 PM

yeah I've had similar experiences. A lot of LEO's are car guys. I got stopped on the morning commute into Boston last year, speeding. We started out agreeing that although i was moving along pretty good I wasn't reckless. Then we talked about his Vette and we compared the vette vs porsche thing(I love vettes too).

He explained he wasn't going to cite me but that he had to pull me over cuz the boxster "sticks out from the crowd" and people notice it ..... so he couldn't ignore me because the rest of the civilians would notice ...... and so I should just take it easy. I actually enjoyed the talk. cool guy, knew his cars...

Frodo 04-17-2008 04:36 PM

You made a U-turn in the middle of an intersection?? I love it. LoveBunny, you crack me up! :p

LowFlyR 04-17-2008 08:42 PM

This morning I got pulled over after a couple lane changes with a "maybe little" too much speed...:o

Unmarked SUV had a nice set of red & blue flashing lights and I pulled over. He "teached me what ALL I did wrong" for 5min :D and then said anybody else would have given me several citations, but he'll let me off with a warning.

HUH!:) That was close enough!

speedyellow 04-17-2008 08:59 PM

You guys are lucky

Ass wiped bike riding cop ticketed me for doing 50mph (for a few seconds) on side streets on a clear day with a toyota ahead of me.

ut_cougar 04-21-2008 05:33 PM

The Record Holder

I think I hold the record... To be honest it is definately not something I'm proud of... I call it stupidity now that I realize what speeding can do out on the street. .

Three times for me.

Pull over #1. Tagged by radar at 136 mph in my Mercury Cougar, hit by some speed trap, cops showed up at my HOME door step 2 weeks later, I didn't even know they could do that. Went to court and claimed that it would be impossible for me to drive like that, yada yada, it got dropped because the prosecutor said they can be faulty.

Pull over #2. This is the big one... 187 mph (GPS speed) tagged by radar or laser don't know... He also paced me at 113 or 116 roughly during the same incident. I won't go into what happened to me for that. It was a ride out from the spot in a shiny new cop car and some community service. No one knows about this incident to this day, I guess they know now. I kept it to myself because i felt so stupid. Oh and this was on my bike (kawa zx10r).

Pull over #3. Not a real pull-over... I was hit by radar/laser I assume at some point, or followed, who knows what, I don't really know... I don't know my real speed because I had removed the GPS/navi from my bike prior to this particular incident. It was 3:30am on a weeknite, totally dead, and so I went for 200 mph (on the speedo). As I was in a tuck I usually NEVER look off to the sides, I only use peripheral vision but I looked over right as I was passing the 190 mark because I saw lights from a car getting on the highway. So lucky for me it was a cop getting on the highway and saw me, he sped up and turned his lights on, I went on to ~203mph for maybe 6 or 7 seconds tops, by the time my bike decelerated when i let off the throttle, I must have been well over a mile ahead of the cop... I took an off ramp and went home.

I don't need the speech, after the last one I have not even broken 100 on a 3 am weeknite and am the "anal" driver now.

LoveBunny 04-21-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo
You made a U-turn in the middle of an intersection?? I love it. LoveBunny, you crack me up! :p

Yep, it was pretty dumb. And it wasn't even a U-turn really. It was more like a 360. However, I did wait for the lights and was lost and didn't want to end up going over a bridge. The cop was so mean though I almost wish she would have just written me a ticket and been nice about it.

Now my friend got two speeding tickets, each going over 100 MPH on the way to and from Florida. Both cops were SUPER nice and chatted for a while. My friend who always took pride in the fact he could talk himself out of any ticket didn't have the same luck these two times. So what does he do? He blows off the tickets, gets pulled over in Louisiana, and gets arrested.

RandallNeighbour 04-21-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tboyer
My wife has expressed that I'll lose my car for a week if this happens to me ]

hehe. Remind her she's your WIFE, not your mother.

I've had more tickets than I can count in my my lifetime... however, I've never had a one in the Porsche and I drive it faster than any other car I have ever driven.

Must be my age. I now know where to drive fast and where to drive slow.

I just thank God I never owned a crotch rocket. I'd be in jail or worse (dead) if I had access to something that could take me to 100 mph in four or five seconds.

Frodo 04-21-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

"And it wasn't even a U-turn really. It was more like a 360."

Posted by LoveBunny.

Wow, LoveBunny, that's even BETTER. I'd love to have a video of that one. LB, stick around...you're a WONDERFUL addition to this forum.

NickCats 04-22-2008 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo
Quote:

"And it wasn't even a U-turn really. It was more like a 360."

Posted by LoveBunny.

Wow, LoveBunny, that's even BETTER. I'd love to have a video of that one. LB, stick around...you're a WONDERFUL addition to this forum.

And she's cute, too :D

Nick