Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2008, 10:28 PM   #1

Crazy Porsche Driver

http://dailycarvideos.com/2007/05/31/crazy-porsche-drivers/

porscheracer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:14 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Hahahahahaha!

NEMESES! :troll:
Old 04-05-2008, 12:22 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
LMAO! I'm going to start yelling NEMESIS when I want people to get out of my way.
LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:26 AM   #4

That sh%^t was funny! Dude cant race though...high, low, high through the corners!!
Gemballa red face gauges ..(FOR SALE)

http://i28.tinypic.com/2zzlq29.jpg
986speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:39 PM   #5

You likey like that OH YES!! NEMESES. lmao.
redman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:37 PM   #6

That was great! LMAO!!!
boxs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:25 PM   #7

Nice one!

I also liked the video below it----OUCH!!
dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:15 PM   #8

That video came to mind when I took this picture. This is the one and only time in its life my car will ever have Satan mileage. Shortly after I took the pic I got passed by a Lamborghini. Maybe he was screaming "nemesis" at me.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:04 AM   #9

Uh, LoveBunny, I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but...I'm really not so sure someone who does 360s through an intersection in a car she's only had a couple months should be snappin' pics while driving!

(In your defense, it IS a nice, straight roadway and you DO appear to be staying in your lane. And it actually is kind of a neat photo.)

Be careful out there!
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:46 AM   #10

Yeah, it was a straight boring drive and the pics were snapped with my phone without having to even look at it when I took them. But thanks for your concern.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #11

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
LMAO good video!

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:29 AM   #12
eqs

What the... that guy was psycho!!! Very funny! Seems like a scene from the Exorcist

Here's a clip someone sent me about a little bigger problem in a spin. What did this guy do wrong? And what should he have done to avoid this mishap?

From my take - too much entry speed and the wrong entry point, lift off before entering the corner (according to the engine sound), no downshift ( to stay in the powerband), he tried to correct with steering input but it was too late as you can hear the car skidding around. I think hitting the corner hump also created unweighting and unsettling of the car and with the lift off, caused the car to be really light and susceptible to a flip. Once he was perpendicular to the roadway his tires caught and the momentum flipped him. The 911 once going is I understand very tough to bring back due to the engine location/rear weight bias especially if PSM is off or you don't have it.

Does this sound right?

And as an aside, how do you get those photos to show instead of only attach?

Cheers
eqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:31 AM   #13
eqs

Oh Oh, forgot the clip - Sorry!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8gDXDle3Pyg
Old 04-25-2008, 11:31 AM   #14

What kind of Porsche was that? He had a yellow strip on the top of the steering wheel like a Gt3, but the Mustang was pulling hard on him in the straight!??
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:00 PM   #15

Send a message via Yahoo to bermuditis
Talking

too funny. :dance:
bermuditis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:50 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqs
Oh Oh, forgot the clip - Sorry!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8gDXDle3Pyg

He didnt countersteer hardly at all...too much entry speed probably got him into the oversteer but it seemed like that would have been saveable.

That other video is the funniest in-car video i've ever seen!

2000 Porsche Boxster
-Straight-piped from cats back
-MOMO race seats
-Schnell short shifter
-RJS Harness
-High flow intake
-Eibach lowering springs
-Bilstein sport shocks
kyle986driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqs
What the... that guy was psycho!!! Very funny! Seems like a scene from the Exorcist

Here's a clip someone sent me about a little bigger problem in a spin. What did this guy do wrong? And what should he have done to avoid this mishap?

From my take - too much entry speed and the wrong entry point, lift off before entering the corner (according to the engine sound), no downshift ( to stay in the powerband), he tried to correct with steering input but it was too late as you can hear the car skidding around. I think hitting the corner hump also created unweighting and unsettling of the car and with the lift off, caused the car to be really light and susceptible to a flip. Once he was perpendicular to the roadway his tires caught and the momentum flipped him. The 911 once going is I understand very tough to bring back due to the engine location/rear weight bias especially if PSM is off or you don't have it.

Does this sound right?

And as an aside, how do you get those photos to show instead of only attach?

Cheers
Ouch! I don't know anything about track driving so I have no clue what he did wrong. As far as the rear engine of the 911, my dad kept warning me about how I would have trouble driving one because the read end just comes flying around. I test drove one and asked the salesman about it. He told me that with the PSM it's much harder to do that, and he demonstrated how well it works driving much faster around some curves than I ever do.

I'd love to actually learn to drive my car the way it was meant to be driven one day, but I'm too scared of ending up like that dude in the video!

For the picture attachment, I uploaded mine to flicker.com and then when you make a post, click the little picture link thingy and paste the url in there of the pic.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:29 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBunny
Ouch! I don't know anything about track driving so I have no clue what he did wrong. As far as the rear engine of the 911, my dad kept warning me about how I would have trouble driving one because the read end just comes flying around. I test drove one and asked the salesman about it. He told me that with the PSM it's much harder to do that, and he demonstrated how well it works driving much faster around some curves than I ever do.

I'd love to actually learn to drive my car the way it was meant to be driven one day, but I'm too scared of ending up like that dude in the video!

For the picture attachment, I uploaded mine to flicker.com and then when you make a post, click the little picture link thingy and paste the url in there of the pic.

The great american race driver Phil Hill simply hates the 911. He figures the engine is in the wrong place and he should know.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:12 AM   #19
eqs

Thanks LoveBunny. I've never tried flicker.com yet but know of a lot of others that have - yeah that's a great way to post a lot of pictures - and now it makes sense why that little URL dialog box pops up when you want to insert an image.

Cheers
Old 04-26-2008, 09:16 AM   #20
eqs

You know I was thinking LoveBunny, the thing about the PSM - I have stability control on our Benz (rwd) - a little switch on the dash, like the Boxster. I mentioned to my wife and kids that I was driving up a mountain road to go skiing recently and was going up no problem on a skiff of snow on new all-seasons when I had the bright thought of turning off the switch to see what would happened - how much traction would be lost...

Well what a stupid mistake. Once I touched the switch I did a 360. I was so freaked out and I was lucky too. Nothing happened thank goodness as I tried it when there was no one around me, but it sure hit my ego hard. I thought I was a decent driver and that incident made me realize that without all the electronic doodads nowadays - you are a bad driver. It's just that all that stuff hides your driving flaws and you can drive without ever knowing this. I like to do little experiments to find the car's limits and my limits to avoid mishaps on our roadways. If others did this, our roads would definately be safer.

A good way to learn how to feel a car is by turning off all stability control and driving in snow on a empty parking lot. I know nowadays this may be impossible as new cars sometimes don't trust you and don't allow you to turn everything off. I learned in my first droptop as a teenager in my Triumph way back. That brings back memories actually, my wife was my girlfriend back then... oh the memories...

Well I'm back again... anyways try things on the road when it's safe, to push yourself and your car just a little. You'll appreciate your car more and have lots more fun at the same time. I did this to show my honey what the 987S can do last night, and reminisced about back in the low powered Triumph days and she remembered too. She says however that her eyes are closed shut when I push things. This I do not recommend.

Finally, I saw a youtube clip about the 911 on topgear with that Jeremy guy and it was amazing what they were doing with the 997, and it didn't upset and spin as the PSM was on. That PSM is simply amazing - it allows the common man/woman (ie. non racecar driver) to drive that thing at very high speeds cornering full on.

The Boxster is a fun car and if you drive it in a safe manner, you can have as much fun as on a roller coaster - and come home in one piece to boot.

Anyways, cheers.