Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2007, 01:29 PM   #1

Finally pics of work done!!

I'm finally able to put up some pics of the ongoin process... painted the wheels, calipers, new LED rear lights and third brake light, Eibach Pro kit, and a thorough detailing. Color is metallic black. Next is getting the interior re-upholstered in red.
Got the courage to do the wheels from DJomlas..

Gemballa red face gauges ..(FOR SALE)

http://i28.tinypic.com/2zzlq29.jpg
986speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:35 PM   #2

Your car looks great!!!!

How do you like your rear LED lights?

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

http://www.pcars.us/albums/10641_porsche_cars.jpg
Gary in BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:32 PM   #3

The rear LED'z make the look of the car. Probably the best add-on I've done/ Really updates the look, and they look so nice at night. Thank you for the compliment, and sorry for the big pics. I added them with TINYPIC.com, but they still came out big.

Last edited by 986speedster; 06-17-2007 at 02:34 PM. Reason: add on
Old 06-17-2007, 03:53 PM   #4

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the tail lights from and how much were they?
Sain0rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 04:15 PM   #5

Probably a dumb question, but what year is your Box? The finish looks wonderful---what products do you use on it (paint cleaners, clay, polishes, waxes, etc.)? I have a '01 (seal grey), and the paint still looks nice, so haven't done much (wash and wax, basically, as well as cleaning brake dust off wheels fairly often). I hear people talking about claying their cars routinely (annually, anyway), but I have read that clay should only be used to remove paint overspay (only from one source, admittedly). Any thoughts? Anyone?

BTW, I kind of like the big pics...don't have to go searchin' for my reading glasses!

Last edited by Frodo; 06-17-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:27 PM   #6

Mine is a '99, and with the lights it looks newer, atleast I think. I just had it dteailed with 3m compound on the wheel, then wax, and sealer. Being a black car, it had alot of swirl marks, but they are all gone. I have to touch up the wheels, and hit them with 2 coats of clear still. I got the rear LEDz from ebay. They came in all red like mine, or smoked. If I remember correctly, they were $245? Need some clear front lights now.

Last edited by 986speedster; 06-18-2007 at 04:38 AM. Reason: add on
Old 06-22-2007, 08:09 AM   #7

ICE BEARS??!! It's June in Long Island!

hmm..see if you find some chrome spline drive lug nuts on Ebay. I know the Porsche chrome lug nuts are expensive.

also try Michelin Tire dressing or 303 on your tires. Looks you are using a Meguiars type dressing with the greasy/shiny coat.

I guess you already know about waxing wheels to keep them clean. Black wheels no walk in the park.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:17 AM   #8

I too have those tail lights, but they would look much better if you changed out the amber bulbs in them to the chrome/silver ones. They still blink amber, so they will keep your tail lights legal. I like your rims, but I would re-do the red pin stripping on them. It looks crooked in some places or the heat from the rims is making them slide off, out of place. By the way, the chrome/silver tail light bulbs can be found on e-bay also. Make sure you get some for the front side marker/blinkers too. But your car looks great!

Last edited by porsche986spyder; 06-22-2007 at 09:22 AM.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:14 AM   #9

I was just looking at your rear tires/rims again and noticed the tire ratation is going backwards. Meaning you need to flipe your rear wheels around to the opposite sides. The treads on those tires like many are "directionals". Not sure about your front tires because I can't read them. Easy fix.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche986spyder
I was just looking at your rear tires/rims again and noticed the tire [rotation] is going backwards.
Wow, good eye.
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:13 PM   #11

Thx for the good compliments, and as for the others, I wasnt sure if I was going to stay with the stock rims, so I never changed tires. I'm not sure what tires I want, and I only drive the car about once a week, when I get free time from work,kids, and house stuff. Good eye. I must have switched them after I did the rims.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:27 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
very nice man, i love the look, tails, stance,a nd wheels really changed the look of the car, it looks so modern now.

BTW, since you did a good job and even put a red stripe, i made you a sig
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page

Last edited by djomlas; 06-22-2007 at 10:41 PM.
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:41 PM   #13

Looks good!! I'm having my wheels powder coated flat black sometime next month. Did you buy the pinstriping stuff from an auto parts store? I think I'm going to have a sign shop match the stripe with the color of my car and I'm going the entire width of the lip. How did you keep the PORSCHE logo on the calipers? buy new decals? stencil kit?

You need black lug nuts.
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:33 PM   #14

Great looking Car....
Old 06-28-2007, 06:34 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche986spyder
I was just looking at your rear tires/rims again and noticed the tire ratation is going backwards. Meaning you need to flipe your rear wheels around to the opposite sides. The treads on those tires like many are "directionals". Not sure about your front tires because I can't read them. Easy fix.
Dude you have eagle eyes. Good catch!!! Next time I lose my remote control maybe you can come over and help me it.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:23 AM   #16

Selling the wheels...

Anyone interested, wheels and tires are for sale. $500 o.b.o.