986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Show and Tell Gallery (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/)
-   -   carrera GT from 01 Boxster (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/12346-carrera-gt-01-boxster.html)

kitcarmike 07-23-2007 09:27 PM

carrera GT from 01 Boxster

http://986forum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6888&stc=1just learning how to do this, First try

986speedster 07-24-2007 05:23 AM

So youre making a kit to make our boxsters look like a carrera gt?

CJ_Boxster 07-24-2007 05:42 AM

Whoa thats really good for a first try, anymore pictures & details?

Gerardo de Kort 07-24-2007 07:39 AM

not bad

Not really a fan of these kind of kits, but this looks pretty nice.
Wonder what kind of solutions one would have to come up with to compensate for the difference in overall performance.

humara 07-24-2007 06:16 PM

that pic makes me sad

:barf:

blinkwatt 07-24-2007 06:30 PM

Don't try to make the car something it isn't.

Pilot2519j 07-24-2007 07:16 PM

Nice but will it fly?

Ah so a mini Carrera gt. :) , Interesting concept but I would not think is financially viable, again that is my opinion. My only dislike of the kit is the mirrors, they seem too big and obtrusive for the car everything else looks very nice. Congrats on your effort.

djomlas 07-24-2007 08:41 PM

i think it looks cool, but the wheels are ugly.
i personally wouldn't drive that, just the fact that its a fake car, or that it reflects a real car but w nothing to back it up.

porscheracer 07-25-2007 12:06 PM

hahahahaha... :barf: is the body kit made in China? I find this amusing...i bet some dude from 6 speed will actualy going to spend big $$ for this plastic model.

proud 986 driver..

steve00s 07-31-2007 08:14 AM

I think it looks like the mating of a Boxster and an MR2

yellowboxster01 08-01-2007 09:46 AM

it's missing one key ingredient from the CGT and that's the V10 and its sound.

it would fool non car nuts but, I'd cringe at the sight of that.

986fan 08-01-2007 10:09 AM

If the wheels were a sinister "carbon-black" instead of "lounge-lizard-chrome"
the whole overall effect would be a lot more convincing.........and a whole lot
more palatable...............

djomlas 08-01-2007 08:40 PM

heres what i thought would help this poor car...
red leather, lowered, HRE wheels and lambo rotors and calipers, and smoked side marker....
as bad as it is, now its better....
OOO ALMOST FORGOT... I PUT IN A TWIN TURBO ENGINE IN IT TOO HEHEHEH
http://i9.tinypic.com/4pby4bn.jpg

yellowboxster01 08-01-2007 10:16 PM

I think when this car was posted a while back someone said it was the same dimensions as a real CGT. I have a hard time believing that.

I'm sure the interior in that car is stock Boxster and if you want to go with the whole illusion factor, changing that would help to complete the look. It still wouldn't total even half of $330K to do that. Plus all the carbon fiber the real one has would be hard to concur.

I could go on and on about why that car sucks but, I won't.

joyfrog 08-01-2007 10:36 PM

I really like the front end and the rims even look pretty decent. However the roll bars and the rear from what I can see look somewhat out of place.

batavus 08-29-2007 12:45 AM

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..........

cvhs18472 08-29-2007 02:47 AM

When I went to purchase a Porsche, I went looking for a Boxster because of the looks and the handling. I realize that they are not the fastest things in the world but they do handle like nothing else on the planet. I am quite proud to have a Boxster as an everyday driver and take offense at someones need to make me believe it is not good enough to stand by itself. Ed

Gerardo de Kort 08-29-2007 04:29 AM

comparison purposes

Here a pict of one I saw at Goodwood. Wheelbase is definitely longer and I wouldn't have it any other way given there is a V10 in that thing!

Pilot2519j 08-29-2007 06:43 AM

No need to take it hard

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvhs18472
When I went to purchase a Porsche, I went looking for a Boxster because of the looks and the handling. I realize that they are not the fastest things in the world but they do handle like nothing else on the planet. I am quite proud to have a Boxster as an everyday driver and take offense at someones need to make me believe it is not good enough to stand by itself. Ed

Ed,
Chill no one said in any of the posts that the basic design of the Boxster, which I love, is ugly or passe. I take this post as an exercise of variations of the Boxster. Not that everybody should run to have a Carreraxter. As far as I know a fake is a fake like all knockoffs out in the market place. Rolexes, glasses , handbags etc. I think the Boxster lines, top down naturally, are up there with the Jaguar XK-E as a true representation of roadster.

porsche986spyder 08-29-2007 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowboxster01
I think when this car was posted a while back someone said it was the same dimensions as a real CGT. I have a hard time believing that.

I'm sure the interior in that car is stock Boxster and if you want to go with the whole illusion factor, changing that would help to complete the look. It still wouldn't total even half of $330K to do that. Plus all the carbon fiber the real one has would be hard to concur.

I could go on and on about why that car sucks but, I won't.

I have to agree. Every time I see one of these kit cars I think to myself how "off" it looks. However, I like the front bumber, and think it would do really well if it were sold by itself and the rest of the boxster was kept the same with the regular GT-2 or 3 side skirts. :cheers: