Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 08:33 PM   #1

Talking Invitation to my Boxster S Photo album

Hi Everybody,

Managed to get all the pics into this album. I had clicked these a few weeks ago, when my son had come on vacation from his college.

By the way, that's him at the wheel.

I know from my last posting of some of these pics.; that, some of you find the "PORSCHE" logo on the back is 'tacky' or something else.

But, I like it ! So................

Anyway enjoy!!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/manguasha

manguasha

Basalt Black Metallic / Black Top Special Colour, Silver Grey Leather, Instrument Dials Black 997, Tiptronic S, Heated Seats, 19" Carrera S Rims, Multi Function Steering Wheel with PCM, Crested Wheel Caps, Cruise Control, PASM 987, Alarm + Remote (433 MHz), Wind Deflector + Storage, Auto Climate Control, Sports Chrono Package Plus, ‘BOSE’ Sound System, CD Changer CDC-4, Self Dimming Mirror + Rain Sensor, Power Seats + Driver Memory, PCM 2, Bi-Xenon with Headlamp Cleaning.

Last edited by manguasha; 07-23-2007 at 08:36 PM.
manguasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:13 AM   #2

I think the car looks great and to each his own with regard to the rear-badging...

BUT what's with the set of goat testicles you have hanging from your front plate?

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky
SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:58 AM   #3

Looks like fruit to me. My bet is it's an Indian good luck charm for the car to keep it safe on the road.

I bet that car cost you a fortune in India... it's loaded too with navigation and a sport chrono.

Love the color combo... I am a black on black boxster owner too. You are driving my dream car.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:22 PM   #4

Talking You are absolutely right!!!

Hi Randall,

You are absolutely right! Those are "Lemons" and keep "The Evil Eye" away, making the car, safe for the occupants (and for the other road users as well).

Great to meet another "BBB" owner.

Cheers,

manguasha

Basalt Black Metallic / Black Top Special Colour, Silver Grey Leather, Instrument Dials Black 997, Tiptronic S, Heated Seats, 19" Carrera S Rims, Multi Function Steering Wheel with PCM, Crested Wheel Caps, Cruise Control, PASM 987, Alarm + Remote (433 MHz), Wind Deflector + Storage, Auto Climate Control, Sports Chrono Package Plus, ‘BOSE’ Sound System, CD Changer CDC-4, Self Dimming Mirror + Rain Sensor, Power Seats + Driver Memory, PCM 2, Bi-Xenon with Headlamp Cleaning.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:56 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Sweet ride! How common are P-Cars(Porsches) in India?
Old 07-25-2007, 05:59 AM   #6

Manguasha, how long have you been superstitious? Or, did your mom put those on there knowing her son was going to drive like a crazy man now that he's behind the wheel of a Porsche?
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:59 AM   #7

You mean they're not actually goat testicles?

I'm shocked, and frankly, a little disappointed.

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky
SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:55 PM   #8

Smile Thanks and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
Sweet ride! How common are P-Cars(Porsches) in India?
Thanks Blinkwatt.

I reckon about 400 Porsche vehicles (all models) have been sold in India, so far.
Fact is, the imports were allowed only in 2005.

See ya,

manguasha

Old 07-25-2007, 08:05 PM   #9

Smile Hi Randall !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Manguasha, how long have you been superstitious? Or, did your mom put those on there knowing her son was going to drive like a crazy man now that he's behind the wheel of a Porsche?

Hi Randall !,

I am not overtly superstitious, but, you are spot on - in that, it's my mother and some of my friends "who believe"; insisted that I have a good luck charm on my car to ward off "the evil eye".

I guess, most ancient civilizations have these sort of beliefs. Anyway - to each his own. What say?

Happy Motoring,

manguasha

Old 07-25-2007, 08:20 PM   #10

Question Hi SD987 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD987
You mean they're not actually goat testicles?

I'm shocked, and frankly, a little disappointed.
__________________________________________________ ____

Hi SD987,

I'ts amazing that you are "disappointed". What ever made you want to SEE goats testicles hanging from a P car? I think you took the old joke about the Spanish Bull Fighter's Special Dish too seriously, and actually thought anything is possible!

"Shocked" - at what? - That Lemons look so much like goats ........., is it?

I got to hand it to you - you have a real good imagination.

Have a great day

Old 07-26-2007, 04:53 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
how long do you think you will keep those on there?
y cant you just put them in the trunk? haha
that way were heppy and so is your mom

btw, nice pics those, and great looking ride
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:50 PM   #12

Lightbulb Good Idea !

Quote:
Originally Posted by djomlas
how long do you think you will keep those on there?
y cant you just put them in the trunk? haha
that way were heppy and so is your mom

btw, nice pics those, and great looking ride

Hi djomlas!,

That's a good idea !

By the way you are REALLY GREAT with 'Photoshop'. I have been seeing (on the forum), all the magic that you can do, and, believe me - I find it awesome!

Also, You do take very good care of your car. I find it inspiring and it gives me all the encouragement I need to spend lots of time polishing and cleaning my car. The only ones grumbling seem to be my wife and my office staff, who feel 'the boss' is spending far too much time on his car. But, believe me, I am enjoying every second!

Bye,

manguasha