Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2007, 06:21 PM   #1

Just got a 2007 Boxster!!

So I got a new 2007 Boxster last week. I had a 2004 BMW 325cic convertible that I traded in for it, and I couldn't be happier! Already put 1000 miles on it!

So its relatively basic. Only got a few options.
Meteor Grey Metallic
18" Boxster S wheels
Bi-Zenon Headlamps
Bose Soundsystem
Heated Seats
Floor Mats

I got a clear turn signals and colored wheel caps installed at the dealer. I have a wind blocker on order, as it didn't come with the car.

Here's some photos.

ofcounsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:02 PM   #2

sick.
absolutely sick.
meteor is sick.

that means good btw.

congrats
humara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:12 AM   #3
fab

Very nice. Enjoy!
painted bumperettes
autoband paint protection
wheel caps & colored crests
door sills
Valentine One
fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:31 AM   #4

That's a beautiful car you have there!

Hey, if you want a better deal on Pcar parts and accessories, buy them from Sunset Porsche in Oregon. They sell parts (and hats, etc.) for 15% over hard cost, compared to what you'll pay at a dealership (15-200% over retail ).
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:41 AM   #5

Thanks!

This is my first Porsche. My other previous cars were a Miata, a Z3 and a Volvo

I loved my old Miata, but traded it in for a Z3 in 2000. I absolutely loved the Z3, but my wife and I were contemplating kids, so I sadly decided to get something more "practical". So in late 2004, I got a Volvo (with a manual transmission at least).

But I longed for a convertible still, and about 6 months ago, I traded in the Volvo for the certified pre-owned Bimmer. We figured 4 seats, so we'll just plop the kid in the back if we ever have one.

Well, we're till trying to have kids, but none yet (what was I ever worrying about when I was a teenager??? ). So I figured what the hell, screw practicality, if we ever have a kid, we'll just tow them around in my wife's car. And I will keep a car seat around for emergencies. In the meantime, I'm gonna live life! So I took the plunge and got the Boxster. I took a big $$$ hit on the BMW since I had only had it about 6 months. But one test drive in the Porsche made me realize it was worth it!
Old 04-23-2007, 05:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
That's a beautiful car you have there!

Hey, if you want a better deal on Pcar parts and accessories, buy them from Sunset Porsche in Oregon. They sell parts (and hats, etc.) for 15% over hard cost, compared to what you'll pay at a dealership (15-200% over retail ).

Thanks! And thanks for the tip as well!!!

So is there any other "must have" accessories for this model Porsche I should consider??
Old 04-23-2007, 05:57 AM   #7

Thumbs up Super

Congratulations and welcome aboard! Car looks real sweet enjoy it. Interior color is fantastic.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:34 AM   #8

Beautiful color combo! Congrats!
Z.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:55 AM   #9

I love it!
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:06 AM   #10

Nice color combo and welcome from a fellow SoCal 987 owner. I'm curious what made you chose Hoehn, when there are some dealers that are closer to you and what did you think of the purchase experience there?

I think you chose well in the optioning and got all that I'd consider to be the necessary kit. A value-add bolt-on that is relatively inexpensive are the chrome exhaust tips, that's the only thing that I'd add.

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky
SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:26 AM   #11

I chose Hohen primarily by chance. I had done an autotrader search for used, low milage 2005-2006 Boxsters, and found one (a 2006 model with 11,000 miles) at a BMW dealer in San Diego I was interested in. When I got there, I found it was Silver with a Blue interior (it was mis-identified as a black interior in the ad), 5 speed, heated seats, 18" wheels, colored wheel caps, windblocker and mats. He as willing to let it go down to $38,990 on the car and give me $26.5k on my trade in. In the end, not a good enough deal given that it wasn't my favorite color combo and it wasn't a certified pre-owned. So I walked away.

I was on my way home back to Orange County disappointed... and decided to stop by Hohen (off the 5 freeway on my way home) just to see if they had any used ones. They didn't. So i was about to leave, and the Santiago, one of their salesman, asked me to consider a new one.

They had several differnent color combos, but this grey/tan/black one seemed to really speak to me. It helped that it wasn't too optioned out as well, so it fit my budget better.

I got it for $47k (stickered for 51.8k) and they also gave me $26.5K on the trade in, so I thought it was a decent deal at least with respect to the purchase price. They threw in the clear blinkers and the colored wheel caps. It was a really painless transaction, and they treated me really well.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:36 PM   #12

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofcounsel
Thanks!

This is my first Porsche. My other previous cars were a Miata, a Z3 and a Volvo

I loved my old Miata, but traded it in for a Z3 in 2000. I absolutely loved the Z3, but my wife and I were contemplating kids, so I sadly decided to get something more "practical". So in late 2004, I got a Volvo (with a manual transmission at least).

But I longed for a convertible still, and about 6 months ago, I traded in the Volvo for the certified pre-owned Bimmer. We figured 4 seats, so we'll just plop the kid in the back if we ever have one.

Well, we're till trying to have kids, but none yet (what was I ever worrying about when I was a teenager??? ). So I figured what the hell, screw practicality, if we ever have a kid, we'll just tow them around in my wife's car. And I will keep a car seat around for emergencies. In the meantime, I'm gonna live life! So I took the plunge and got the Boxster. I took a big $$$ hit on the BMW since I had only had it about 6 months. But one test drive in the Porsche made me realize it was worth it!

Great minds think alike. I also got rid of a new car after only a couple of months after test driving the '07 Boxster. Congrats and good luck.
r9i8c7k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:52 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by r9i8c7k
Great minds think alike. I also got rid of a new car after only a couple of months after test driving the '07 Boxster. Congrats and good luck.

Nice color! When/where did you get yours. Is yours grey on the inside?? Cool!
Old 04-28-2007, 10:39 AM   #14

2007 Porsche Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofcounsel
Nice color! When/where did you get yours. Is yours grey on the inside?? Cool!
Yes, it has grey interior. I purchased mine three weeks ago in Newport Beach, CA. I am a first time Porsche owner and decided to go with the base package. I figured if I later decided the car wasn't for me I wouldn't take too much of a hit on resale. But needless to say the car has exceeded my expectations and I am sure it won't be my last Porsche. I got the heated seats, wind stops, and stereo upgrade. My wife catches me staring at it in the garage.
r9i8c7k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by r9i8c7k
Yes, it has grey interior. I purchased mine three weeks ago in Newport Beach, CA. I am a first time Porsche owner and decided to go with the base package. I figured if I later decided the car wasn't for me I wouldn't take too much of a hit on resale. But needless to say the car has exceeded my expectations and I am sure it won't be my last Porsche. I got the heated seats, wind stops, and stereo upgrade. My wife catches me staring at it in the garage.

Very nice with the Grey interior!

Yeah.. I can't help but stare at mine when I walk away from it in a parking lot.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:26 PM   #16

Thumbs up

Nice car

markab986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:38 PM   #17

VERY NICE! I WANT ONE! Love that color.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:46 PM   #18

Thanks guys!
Old 05-19-2007, 07:21 AM   #19

nice car!

I like those wheels! Nice color!
Frank Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 03:26 PM   #20

Congrats on the new addition! The Grey is awesome. I don't think I've ever seen the interior/exterior combo you have, very unique.