Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Regional Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2014, 12:39 PM   #1

Taunton, MA Cars & Coffee 2014

Cars & Coffee Taunton, MA 2014.

Well its approaching that time of year when nice cars are coming out of hibernation. So its time to post a new thread for C&C.

Feel free to extend the invitation to friends, family and other car nuts (doesn't matter what make). Preference is to keep things low key so we don't attract unwanted attention.

Location: Starbucks Parking Lot (toward the back), Taunton, MA (65 H Taunton Depot Drive, Taunton, MA 02780)

Date: Every other Sunday (Weather Permitting) Starting May 18, 2014.
Exception during June we will only be meeting on June 8th and June 29th, as there are other car events that some of our regulars may want to attend. In July will resume every other weekend.

Time: 9:30 AM until whenever

Location Description: The location is perfect for this type of get together. The traffic is light on Sunday Mornings since most of the stores are still closed. We often get people that will stop by to look at the cars and ask questions and we have never had any bad experiences. Local patrols also leave us alone which is nice. If we get a big draw of cars we can always park at the Circuit City parking lot across the street which has a huge lot and no traffic.

Weather Permitting: Most of us don't mind meeting up on cold or overcast days but rain really spoils this one since we are standing outside. If it's raining or looks like it will assume the GTG is cancelled. We may schedule for the following weekend if there's interest. I generally try to post by 7:30 Sunday morning if we need to cancel due to rain.

This isn't just for Porsches, so as mentioned earlier if you have friends with other fun cars feel free to invite them or bring them along.

I will try to provide updates & reminders so everyone knows when the next GTG will be.

Looking forward to catching up with our regulars and meeting some new car friends too.

Best regards,
Dino

Below are photos from our last meet.

Dino944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:55 AM   #2

Garage
Dino, at some point tomorrow morning, three of us wil be moving the tree out for the summer. Not sure when help will arrive. Hope to see you all tomorrow, but unsure.
Dan
Old 05-17-2014, 03:30 PM   #3

No worries Dan. Good luck with the tree. Hope you make it for C&C, but if not I'll catch up with you soon.

Dino
Old 05-19-2014, 08:14 PM   #4

Wow, we really lucked out with amazing weather, and another great turn out!. I think if my count is right we had about 20 cars. Looks like for the first time the Porsches (7) were outnumbered by Lotus (8). Anyway, as usual great catching up with our regulars, Ryan, Ken #1, Ken #2, Steve, Raoul (White Elise), Noel (orange Elise), Chee (yellow Elise), and Frank (Esprit). Also want to thank and welcome the newbies, Chris & Sara (Orange Evora), Rob (C7 Corvette), Tony, Jack (Elise) Nick (Silver Evora), Rick (Viper), also the owners of the Cobra replica, 911/965 Turbo and 944....I'm terrible with names so a few have escaped me. It was a great day and I hope everyone had fun. Sorry didn't get photos of all the cars but there are a few posted below.

Also, our due to scheduling issue (namely various car shows) our next meet will be Sunday, June 8th (so don't show up on the 1st).

Best regards,
Dino

Below are just a few pix.

Last edited by Dino944; 06-30-2014 at 07:56 AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:07 AM   #5

Just a quick reminder our next meet is this coming Sunday, 6/8/14.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 06-22-2014, 02:31 PM   #6

Hi Guys,

Just a quick reminder our next meet is this coming Sunday, 6/29/14.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 06-30-2014, 07:54 AM   #7

Hey Guys,

Again we lucked out with fantastic weather and a great turn out. Nice to see Gray 997S Ken and green Lotus Elise Rose again, along with our usual suspects, Ryan, Alex, Frank, Noel, and a few of our more recent additions Jim, Lainey, Rick, Rob, Keith, Bob, and Steven....and anyone else who's name escapes me at the moment. Below are a few pix. I had a great drive back sharing the roads with Frank's Lotus Esprit .

Our next meet will be on July 13th.

Best regards,
Dino

Old 09-01-2014, 07:03 PM   #8

Hi Guys,

Happy Labor Day. I've been remiss in not posting here more often. Turn outs have been really nice, with plenty of Porsches, Lotus cars and a few others.

Our next meet is this Sunday, Sept 7th.
Best regards,
Dino
Old 04-02-2015, 06:30 AM   #9

Garage
This still going on?

Hello,
I just moved to Taunton and own a Boxster and would love to meet up. Do you all still meet?
-Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post
Cars & Coffee Taunton, MA 2014.

Well its approaching that time of year when nice cars are coming out of hibernation. So its time to post a new thread for C&C.

Feel free to extend the invitation to friends, family and other car nuts (doesn't matter what make). Preference is to keep things low key so we don't attract unwanted attention.

Location: Starbucks Parking Lot (toward the back), Taunton, MA (65 H Taunton Depot Drive, Taunton, MA 02780)

Date: Every other Sunday (Weather Permitting) Starting May 18, 2014.
Exception during June we will only be meeting on June 8th and June 29th, as there are other car events that some of our regulars may want to attend. In July will resume every other weekend.

Time: 9:30 AM until whenever

Location Description: The location is perfect for this type of get together. The traffic is light on Sunday Mornings since most of the stores are still closed. We often get people that will stop by to look at the cars and ask questions and we have never had any bad experiences. Local patrols also leave us alone which is nice. If we get a big draw of cars we can always park at the Circuit City parking lot across the street which has a huge lot and no traffic.

Weather Permitting: Most of us don't mind meeting up on cold or overcast days but rain really spoils this one since we are standing outside. If it's raining or looks like it will assume the GTG is cancelled. We may schedule for the following weekend if there's interest. I generally try to post by 7:30 Sunday morning if we need to cancel due to rain.

This isn't just for Porsches, so as mentioned earlier if you have friends with other fun cars feel free to invite them or bring them along.

I will try to provide updates & reminders so everyone knows when the next GTG will be.

Looking forward to catching up with our regulars and meeting some new car friends too.

Best regards,
Dino

Below are photos from our last meet.

ExtremeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:05 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeV View Post
Hello,
I just moved to Taunton and own a Boxster and would love to meet up. Do you all still meet?
-Steve
Hi Steve,

We will be meeting up again this year. Many of us haven't taken our cars out of storage yet (I don't use mine in the winter), and as its still too cold in the mornings to be standing around looking at the cars, so we have not yet started meeting up for this year. We will probably start meeting sometime toward the middle or end of May. It gives people a chance to get cars out of storage, change the oil, and hopefully have warmer weather. I didn't post here that much last year as I don't get many responses on this forum. I will try to remember to post here when we start up again, or feel free to send me an email at Rolexkosmo@aol.com sometime in may with your email and I will put you on our contact list for when we start meeting. I get more responses and post more about the Taunton meets and group drives in the New England sections on Planet 9 and Rennlist.

Best regards and welcome to the neighborhood,
Dino
Old 01-31-2016, 01:21 PM   #11

Will this start up come March?
mordeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 03:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordeeb View Post
Will this start up come March?
We usually don't start up again until sometime in May (possibly April if we have unusually nice weather). For more info or if you want to be added to our email list, please see the post that is directly above yours.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 05-15-2016, 08:02 AM   #13

Any pictures from todays event?
Old 05-16-2016, 07:54 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordeeb View Post
Any pictures from todays event?
As there was limited interest on this forum, all photos and information about this year's events are posted on rennlist. Cheers.